Gromacs in linux.

SlickSlick Upstate New York
edited July 2003 in Folding@Home
Ever sence I installed linux and have been using the only thing the client seems to grab is tinkers, and yes I am using the -advmethods and -forceasm flags. Anyone know whats up, or are they just releasing a lot of beta tinker units. This was brought to my attention by folding addict as he so atiquantly pointed out, "Slick where the hell are your folders! Only 9 points per week!"

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Faster boxes are getting more tinkers with molecules in water, which slower boxes do not work well on. Yes, more Tinkers are being run-- beta or not, do not know, but some Genome Betas are definitely running.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    There are no beta tinkers right now. None that I can see after looking at the Server Status pages.

What server is it connecting to to get WUs?
  • SlickSlick Upstate New York
    edited July 2003
    Right now its working on p638_L939_K12M_ext. The server it got it from was 171.64.122.143.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    According to this page:
    http://folding.stanford.edu/psummary.html

The WU you have should be on .112???
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Yes, they keep feeding me those also, in between other things. NOT a beta, it is a WU that on a slow box is timed for a very long time (I am not sure how 71 days got benched, but the server twigged that my fast box did it in less than that many hours and promptly gave me a 639 to follow my 638). The 630's and upward in the 600 series, from what I can tell, are projects that are follow ups and expansions of Tinker results from earlier.

But mmonnin has a point-- right now those are being handled by .143 . But, 143 was down a while back. Hmmm.... Logs..... One sec, gotta grep something-- no, all of the 638 and 639's I got after June 19 came from .143.

What I have done is this, though-- found end of a WU log, seen what server gave me next WU, and figured that is where previous WU came from. Quite a few times, second or third look up near beginning of WU record in log proved I was wrong.

Not saying that is so here, but might want to double check as to if .112 is where it came from.