help with ram and nf7-s

BudBud Chesterfield, Va
edited July 2004 in Hardware
I have a nfs-7 that i run with a barton 2500 @ 2GHz (10x200) with a 512mb pc4000 kingston hyper-x. I did a rma on some pny 3500 that died. It was a 512mb stick and they rma'd it and sent me 2 512mb sticks :Rocker: So I was going to run all three sticks on my nfs-7. I installed the 2 pny in the first 2 slots for dual channel and kinston third computer turns on and no screen. so I tried taking a pny stick out same thing. Then i tried ony in the first and third slot it show me a boot screen with cpu speed and how much memory then would freeze there. So i tried kinston in first slot with no pny boots fine. So i try kinston first then 2 sticks of pny boots then says can file system file and cant start windows. So i take a stick out of pny leaving 1 kinston and 1 pny in the first 2 slots and it runs fine. What am i doing wrong? also i cleared cmos hoping that would do something.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    The NF7-S might not be too happy with the PNY for some reason. Abit boards are a little bit more picky about RAM than some other boards.

At any rate, you can't run dual channel with all three sticks installed. You'd probably be better off running 1 Gig in dual-channel mode than you would be with 1.5 Gig in single channel. If you can get that far, run memtest on the PNY, one stick at a time. If either gives you errors, it's RMA time again.
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited July 2004
    I tried running the memory in my shuttle a35 board same problems runs 1 stick fine but not both. even not in dual channel. Then im getting memory errors with main abot board with one kingston and one pny in dual channel or not?
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Did you run memtest on them?