Terragen 2

NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Internet & Media
This is more aimed at RWB I guess, but it still fits ;DHere is a link to some Terragen 2 information as well as a video. Looks good, their atmosphere looks a lot better than before. There's one thing they talk about that I'm a little unsure of, they talk about rendering millions and possibly billions of polygons with instances. Instanced objects are just replicates of another object that is the same or close enough to the same, meaning it's not actualy rendering more polygons, it's rendering less because it's just duplicating things it has already done. None the less, very cool.

Comments

• RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Yes, I found that after I found the program for the first time. They want to also put some of these abilities int the current 0.9 version... supposedly by September.
  • NomadNomad A Small Piece of Hell Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    They really need to work at integrating terragen with 3DS MAX or Maya. Maya would probably be best simply because Maya is more organic and enviroment oriented, but adding this to 3DS MAX would give it a huge boost, although there are still things such as Dreamscape for 3DS MAX.
  • RWBRWB
    drools over dreamscape....

At least right this moment I am in a room that costs over $2,000,000, with a huge screen that is like a minerature movie theater, the plug-in for MAX we use is called Renderware is is said to be worth 300K alone Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    drools over dreamscape....

At least right this moment I am in a room that costs over $2,000,000, with a huge screen that is like a minerature movie theater, the plug-in for MAX we use is called Renderware is is said to be worth 300K alone ;)