One KT7A dead, still folding onward

edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Well it has happened. One of my trusty KT7 mobos has died. At least it was only running a +1600. That leaves me with one folding, and then the two being used daily by my wife and my Dad. I am not even going to troubleshoot it though, not even to get my spare out and try a swap. I'll just wait untill my next NF7-S gets here latter in the week and then we will get some folding on.

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    These things seem to happen when you least expect it. :bawling:

Not too long to wait for the new mobo atleast. :thumbsup:

Got an email from Sally last night. Her main puter died. It has all quality parts. Where to start looking?

Remembered a post from Prime re: Sata cables coming adrift. Just sent an email home for her to check it. Really hope it is something as simple as that.

Hope all goes well for you fitting your new mobo, Ed. :)

Fold on.
  • edited July 2004
    Sorry to hear that, both of you. Jon, and to think Sally is sooooo close to overtaking me.

KF
  • DonutDonut Maine New
    edited July 2004
    Sorry for your recent losses, :bawling:

I know the feeling, sort of, just lost the P.S. in my old 850 about an hour ago.
    the part that burns me is it was 3/4 done with a big tinker!

Oh well, Fold On :thumbsup:
  • edited July 2004
    Donut wrote:
    Sorry for your recent losses, :bawling:

I know the feeling, sort of, just lost the P.S. in my old 850 about an hour ago.
    the part that burns me is it was 3/4 done with a big tinker!

Oh well, Fold On :thumbsup:

Slight threadjack coming, Ed. ;)

Donut, Newegg has a Thermaltake 420 watt psu for $39.99 delivered until 7/29. I just bought one of these last week and put in in service yesterday and is running a Barton at 2300 with no problems. It even comes with a SATA adapter.

[/end threadjack]

Ed, sorry to hear that the old KT7A board bit the dust, but you will see increased production with the NF7 replacement. Every cloud does have a silver lining. :thumbsup: