Number of CPU stats

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
Is the only way to get the number of CPUs a user has going for them via the individual user stats pages on Stanford?

Comments

• witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited July 2004
    Is the only way to get the number of CPUs a user has going for them via the individual user stats pages on Stanford?
    That's where I would look first. Or ask each individual user, or check with John Ashcroft - He is trying to find out all he can about everyone, he might already know. Jack
  • edited July 2004
    John Ashcroft said he looks at individual stats at Stanford.

KF
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    I looking to automatically gather that info... but I don't really want to hammer Stanford by going through all our users one at a time :-/
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    I think its the only way.
    edited July 2004
    omg they are going to ban me :hiding:
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    why don't we come up with a base points per day/week and use that as "1" system, and then compute the relative number of systems based on a person's given production.
    edited July 2004
    shwaip wrote:
    why don't we come up with a base points per day/week and use that as "1" system, and then compute the relative number of systems based on a person's given production.
    That'd kinda be like trying to guess how many cars went past a place by the depth of the ruts left behind... was it a couple Mack trucks or 100 Beetles? You couldn't begin to guess.
  • yaggayagga Havn't you heard? ... New
    edited July 2004
    I would NOT trust Stanford's information. It sometimes tells you you have more than you do because you did something to the client, moved it, deleted it, put it back in, etc. Reinstalling windows will also do the job at making it think there are new cpus active. This all mostly holds true for the "past 50 days" but it occasionally gives an extra or two in the "past 7 days" as well.
    edited July 2004
    Well... I'm pretty sure I'm not going to use that functionality for now anyway. I'll build the ability, but just let it alone until I find a better (or kinder) way of collecting that stat - or just have the time to code the parsing for all that HTML.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Yes the Stanford number is clients running, not CPUs.
    My dial up boxes run as many as 6 each when I travel.
    I have gotten the number as high as 15 with 4 computers.