I'm having some moniter woes.

KometeKomete Member
edited September 2004 in Hardware
Hello all, I"m having a hard time with my moniter. The peoblem is it will not stretch to fit the whole screen. The problem seems to be with the width of the moniter and not the hight but it comes and goes. Everyonce in a while it'll just stretch like crazy like it should with the crazy width settings I have to set it at and it'll be fine for a few hours after I redo the settings but a few hours later and boom it's messed up again.

My moniter is a view sonic A90f+ 19inch. My vdeo card is a 9500pro with a hacked bios for overclocking. Any ideas or suggestions?

Comments

• botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2004
    Sounds like a problem with the scanning coil circuits, maybe a dry joint or componant going down.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited July 2004
    That doesn't sound like fun
  • edited July 2004
    Do you usually turn your monitor off when you're finished using it? Doing so would keep the heating element from reaching it's required temp point for optimal image quality. When you adjust any monitor settings (including geometry, size, color, etc) make sure the monitor has been on and running (or if your monitor runs the heater during standby mode, than that would be ok too) for at LEAST an hour. Otherwise, your settings would always appear to change.

If my monitor has been shut off long enough for the heater to cool considerable (even 5-10 minutes) the settings look really messed up until the monitor has been on for a while.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited July 2004
    Well I can leave It on for days but it won't make a difference. I just tried an older viewsonic moniter on it and it has no problems. So I know it's not the video card but for sure the moniter.

Right now the only res i can get the image to stretch fully from one side to the other is 1152x864. anything else just falls short.
  • edited September 2004
    Komete wrote:
    Hello all, I"m having a hard time with my moniter. The peoblem is it will not stretch to fit the whole screen. The problem seems to be with the width of the moniter and not the hight but it comes and goes. Everyonce in a while it'll just stretch like crazy like it should with the crazy width settings I have to set it at and it'll be fine for a few hours after I redo the settings but a few hours later and boom it's messed up again.

My moniter is a view sonic A90f+ 19inch. My vdeo card is a 9500pro with a hacked bios for overclocking. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm having this same exact problem with my 22" Viewsonic p225fb monitor! I sent it back to Viewsonic for repair/replacement and it had been gone over 2 weeks and i just got it back today, they claimed to have repaired it and guess what? Same damn problem! Like right now @ 1280x960 100Hz my screen is stretched all the way across the screen perfectly, and my on screen horizontal stretch is set to 100% right now which it really shouldn't be. If I go to almost any other resolution or refresh rate then it's got like 2-4 inches of black on both sides but I can't stretch it because it's @ 100% still.

Somebody said that monitors remember settings or something at different resolutions etc, I wonder if the monitor is remembering a wrong setting or something and there is some was to reset it? I really can't believe that Viewsonic had my monitor for over 1 week and it came back exactly the same as I sent it!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited September 2004
    darkonex wrote:
    I'm having this same exact problem with my 22" Viewsonic p225fb monitor! I sent it back to Viewsonic for repair/replacement and it had been gone over 2 weeks and i just got it back today, they claimed to have repaired it and guess what? Same damn problem! Like right now @ 1280x960 100Hz my screen is stretched all the way across the screen perfectly, and my on screen horizontal stretch is set to 100% right now which it really shouldn't be. If I go to almost any other resolution or refresh rate then it's got like 2-4 inches of black on both sides but I can't stretch it because it's @ 100% still.

Somebody said that monitors remember settings or something at different resolutions etc, I wonder if the monitor is remembering a wrong setting or something and there is some was to reset it? I really can't believe that Viewsonic had my monitor for over 1 week and it came back exactly the same as I sent it!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Well I know mine is a flaw and they know about it.They should recall it. If you go on their site the only view sonic that has a 1 year warrenty Is mine. . They will not fix mine so i'm screwed. This was me secound view sonic and last. I'll be buying a 21 or 22 inch in the begaining of next year and it will not be a viewsonic.

What really drives me nuts is I sent them an email and they where supposed to send me an rma number while mine was still under warrenty but they didn't. Everytime I tell them look up my email to see they compleatly side step the issue. Pisses me off.

Well Mine has a button that resets everything back to factory defaults and it looses the saved sizes. If yours is like mine when you do it it won't make a difference. I hope things workes out for you as I'm screwed.