No more IC7-MAX3's????????

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Just heard a nasty rumor that the Egg has quit carrying the Abit IC7-Max3. Found this hard to believe since it is so popular, but sure enough it is gone from their stock. Doesn't even show as out of stock or on back order. Rumor was that they offered an ASUS board for an RMA'd MAX3.

Well I guess it's time for me to go back to AMD. Anybody know a good 939 board. Must have 6 SATA RAID channels. Probably looking at an NForce3-250.

Had this P4 board 8 months and it's had 3 different processors in it. It was my first Intel board and probably my last. Don't get me wrong. It runs flawless. Stable as a rock and very fast. I've had my tour of the "Dark Side" and now I want to go back to the good guys.

And yes I trade cars when the ashtray gets full. :) Trouble is I quit smoking 5 years ago. Gotta find more smoking friends ;D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Look at http://www.zipzoomfly.com/ if you want one of those. Actually, THERE is where I got both of mine (yes, they are both in use). ZipZoomFly undercut NewEgg when I bought one each a month apart after you figure in Free Fedex 2 day shipping throughout CONUS. NewEgg refused to competitive match ZipZoomFly, so I went elsewhere than NewEgg for the boards, AND the Corsair RAM. CPU came from NewEgg, IIRC. I check both if I am eager, check totals including shipping, and whoever nets lower at spot price time wins.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited July 2004
    Could have had something to do with the fact that a lot of the first generation MAX3's were being RMA's (even in working condition) to get the new version without the MC64 capacitor installed.

The ones with the MC64 cap refused to provide stable memory voltage over 2.9V (even though the product advertised stable up to 3.2V). The newer ones (no MC64) have no trouble reaching any VDIMM up to 3.2V now. :)
  • edited August 2004
    I just RMA the Max3 to Newegg and they just issued a credit since they apparently are no longer carrying it. Mine worked fine for 2 days, I connected the fron panel firewire to the board, turned it on and "POP" it would no longer work. I would be interested to know what the story is here.
    Missileman wrote:
    Just heard a nasty rumor that the Egg has quit carrying the Abit IC7-Max3. Found this hard to believe since it is so popular, but sure enough it is gone from their stock. Doesn't even show as out of stock or on back order. Rumor was that they offered an ASUS board for an RMA'd MAX3.

Well I guess it's time for me to go back to AMD. Anybody know a good 939 board. Must have 6 SATA RAID channels. Probably looking at an NForce3-250.

Had this P4 board 8 months and it's had 3 different processors in it. It was my first Intel board and probably my last. Don't get me wrong. It runs flawless. Stable as a rock and very fast. I've had my tour of the "Dark Side" and now I want to go back to the good guys.

And yes I trade cars when the ashtray gets full. :) Trouble is I quit smoking 5 years ago. Gotta find more smoking friends ;D

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: