SM22 problems

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited July 2004 in Folding@Home
OK so my timing sucks. I finally got some time to move some computers around (4 + SM22 in house) today.

SM22 is getting power but won't drive a known good monitor, which is a Mansol (NOT mantouch) 701A (it was free, don't ask).

After fiddling and making sure all connectios are good, it's giving beep code - one long beep, silence maybe twice as long, then that single long beep again.

Mobo is an FIC AM37, I downloaded the manual and had a look but no beep codes in there.

Anyone?

Meantime, timing sucks because we leave on holidays in the morning. I'll put my main rig over to SM22 for away time, should be fine but if it crashes I won't know until the 8th.

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Reset the RAM and video card. Make sure the HS still has good contact with the CPU.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Yes, just did reset the HS. Onboard video, no card to reset :-/
    edited July 2004
    and here's a shaky cam pic of the bios, just got it to come up once, then back to the error code again. going to try reset CMOS
    edited July 2004
    Heh. Did I say "known good monitor"? what I really meant was "POS cheap used monitor given to me free that works on 2 other systems but wont work on SM22".

A CMOS reset and a different (NEC) monitor attached seems to have cured what ails it.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2004
    Wtf??
  • edited July 2004
    Glad to hear you've sorted it out, keto. :thumbsup: Now go enjoy your vacation. :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    The BIOS screen is 2 colours, 640x480, and 60Hz. IF it was going to be compatible with anything, it would've been the bootup.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited July 2004
    Now it's definitely a well earned holiday..................Enjoy. :thumbsup:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    Monitors don't thermal lock, and they don't mode-lock on the BIOS.