Random freezing?!

JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
edited July 2004 in Hardware
Well... this has got me stumpped....

My PC freezes after like 15 minutes of use, im thinking its hot, but its running at 57C, damn... im so confused... and to make things worse im half awake...

it just started doing this today in the morning, anyone know what could be the problem?

BTW, should my CPU fan be blowing in or out? im thinking out. right?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    1. www.memtest.org
    2. It should be blowing onto the heatsink.
    3. 57c is ridiculous.
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    edited July 2004
    thanks.

Well, im gonna take off my HSF and see what the heck is goin on.

and im also gonna try memtest
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2004
    Generally you want it blowing on. Interestingly enough, it doesn't seem to be crucial. With my SLK-947 and a SF2, I stupidly put it on so it was blowing air off the heatsink. After I realized it (a week or so later...) I switched it back. There was _maybe_ a 1*C difference. Could be because of the excellent heatsink, and I don't know what you have, but I would just stick with it blowing onto it just to be safe.
    edited July 2004
    well, i ran memtest and no probs found, im thinking maybe my CPU is just running too hot, im gonna see what the heck the prob is...
    edited July 2004
    Thx guys, i figured out the prob. i reseated the HSF and dusted it out and stuff. now shes running much cooler. heh... stupid me.. i should think before i ask.. lol

now shes runing at 52c. wich is MUCH MUCH better then the 64 i was getting when i shut her down.

lol
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited July 2004
    What cpu & cooling?