cant seem to get my wc right

edited August 2004 in Hardware
I think Im having an issue with my Maze 4 socket A setup...I dont think theres enough pressure on the die...water temp is 29c and bios reads 48c @ 1.8v..

I've mounted 4 times now and the temp is always within 1 degree and am folding 24/7 @2400Mhz

any ideas?? need to shim it tighter?? stronger springs?? :banghead: :banghead:

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    When you remove the block, do you get a nice inprint from the core on the waterblock? 48C @ 1.8v can be very good, depending on the rest of the setup and the overclock.
  • edited August 2004
    Mackanz wrote:
    When you remove the block, do you get a nice inprint from the core on the waterblock? 48C @ 1.8v can be very good, depending on the rest of the setup and the overclock.

yes, I get a perfect imprint,I just thought I should be getting better temps than that,,,I think I might try direct die cooling,,been doin alot of reading about it,but i read somewhere that the core will eventually get saturated,,I wish i could find more better links for it............hmmmm,,,need more info i guess :thumbsup:
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    i dont think it should be that hot at 1.8, what else do you have in your water setup?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Ok, I get 48C at 2.4GHz at only .1 less volts.