NF7-s continuous beep

paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
edited August 2004 in Hardware
I decided to throw in a few new sticks of ram into my pc today so I shut'r down and dropped a dual channel 1gb kit in . Upon reboot I get a continuous string of short beeps. I looked it up and apparently it 'supposed' to mean a PSU problem. :zombie: I've reset the cmos several times, put the old ram back in and built the pc outside of my case with no results. :rant:
Does anyone have any clue what I should do next? I'm at a total loss here.

NF7-s Rev 2
Athlon 2500m
2x512 OCZ EB PC3500
Radeon 9800 pro 128

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited July 2004
    try putting the ram in so its not using the dual channel.
  • paroxymparoxym Toronto, Canada
    edited July 2004
    ' wrote:
    [V][AGIC']try putting the ram in so its not using the dual channel.
    I pulled out the dual channel kit altogether and stuck the single 512MB dimm in that was in there prior to this problem... nothing.

I also went ahead an reseated my heatsink with no success. What cooks my noodle is that all I did was shut down and swap the ram out, something I've done a thousand times. Wth is wrong here?! :zombie:
    edited August 2004
    Well, after getting up early this morning and having a few cups of coffee I decided to have at my comp again. Took the power supply out of the case, and built the whole computer completely outside the enclosure...nothing. Moved the motherboard around a few times and WAM, she posted. :skeptic::D
    I'm not sure why, but all seems well and I'm peicing my PC back together at this moment. Let's hope it behaves once it's all crammed back in there. :buck:
    edited August 2004
    Sorry to bump this thread but a new problem has arisen!

My comp is back up and posts alright but will not boot off my SATA Raid.
    Right after it detects the striped set it just hits a black screen and Windows doesnt load up. I may have switched the channels each SATA was on by accident when I peiced my PC together. Could that have caused any problems?
    I have tried switching them around to no avail. Still a black screen. Any clues?
    edited August 2004
    Well, I got everything straightened out. :rolleyes:
    I went into the recovery console and added my Install to the boot list. For some reason it wasnt there.

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm#warning2

Theres the page that got me through this mess.
  • lemonlimelemonlime Canada Member
    edited August 2004
    Glad to hear you got her to post again. Did you get it working with the new ram when you rebuilt it? or are you still using the single stick?
    edited August 2004
    lemonlime wrote:
    Glad to hear you got her to post again. Did you get it working with the new ram when you rebuilt it? or are you still using the single stick?

Yup new ram is in there and working great. And the switch up to 1024 DUal Channel is definitely noticable. :thumbsup: