sounds cards?

BudBud Chesterfield, Va
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Im looking for a sound card that will allow me to dolby digital and dts to my reciever for surround sound. I also would want it to have toslink on it. Does the sound on the nfs-7 do that?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    No.
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited August 2004
    I think the Terratec Aureon Universe 7.1 will satisfy your needs.

Not sure on the Dolby Digital ability, but I know it does DTS/AC3, has TOSlink in/out on the breakout box & TOSlink out on the rear PCI bracket.

//Edit: Their DMX 6Fire 24/96 supports your application as well.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Bud wrote:
    Im looking for a sound card that will allow me to dolby digital and dts to my reciever for surround sound

Do you mean encodes to Dolby Digital so that you can play games in surround via a digital cable, or do you just mean does the sound card send Dolby Digital through to the reciever?

Only the nForce soundchip encodes to Dolby Digital, which means if you use other soundcard whilst still using Digital Mode, you will only get 2 channels in games, and only 2 channels if you don't use passthrough mode.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I am gonna catch flack for this but I use a Audigy 2 zs works fine even with the via chipset. I just dont install all the crap creative wants you too I just use drivers only
  • JChretienJChretien Vancouver, BC, Canada
    edited August 2004
    Doesnt the nForce2 soundstorm do some of this stuff?
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited August 2004
    id like to play dolby digital and dts games and movies on my computer and have the soound be output to my speakers connected to my reciever, also what about the turtle beach catilinia?
  • BudBud Chesterfield, Va
    edited August 2004
    any clues on the turtle beach catiliania