EOC Stats Update

mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
There were 2 updates Jason made on Friday. XML output and javascript popup percentages.
Update 1:
XML output has been a request for a while since some people like to use their personal stats for various reasons (like with CoolMon for example).

To start things out I have made available individual user data. The simplest way to get to the XML is to find your User Summary page, then add the /xml directory before the file name.

Example for my info:
- HTML - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?u=32334
- XML - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/xml/user_summary.php?u=32334

This pulls the data real time, but be aware that the stats only update once every three hours (as if you didn't know), so please don't query the data any more often than that. Also, this info is meant for personal use only! If I catch some person mass-querying data (an entire team for example) then I will take action to prevent it.

Besides some more XML data available, I've been desparately needing to do some data cleanup / summary stuff, and also improve error handling on all the pages. Hopefully I can keep in the folding groove and churn some stuff out, I know it's been a while since I've added any major features but I have a few things in my head that I think people will like.

Oh yeah, one last side note. I'll probably be adjusting Team Colors some, they still seem a little too high to me, and I want to help promote the smaller teams to compete / produce more.

Update 2:
Must be a miracle or something... ;) Anyhow, I added the little javascript popups for percentages of various info on the Team & User list pages. Just move your mouse around on the page and you will see what I'm talking about. I checked the pages in IE & Firefox, but I'm pretty confident they should work in other browsers as well. Please let me know if you encounter any bugs.

Keep in mind that these numbers are only relative to the data that I am storing (top 2,000 teams), even at that most of the numbers are pretty small, so please don't complain.

I should of been doing other things today, but I figured what the heck.

Oh yeah, incase you are wondering how the popup things are done, it is with a nifty library called overLIB. It is pretty easy to implement, and highly configurable.
For those of you that use CoolMon, use this now instead of the way it worked before.

Source: EOC Stats News Page

Comments

• edited August 2004
    Now if they changed the theme to a black background or a way to change themes/colors I'd be ecstatic. They are doing a really good job at EOC stats.

KF
  • LincLinc
    takes notes
    Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    takes notes
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    There have been a few more updates:
    Bug Fix For Opera Users... - 08.02.04, 11:16am CST
    A big thanks to Gerby19 for pointing out that Opera 7.x doesn't show the popups unless you switch it to identify itself as IE.

He even went and did some research to find out that there is a patch for the current version of overLIB. (The next version of overLIB is supposed to include the fix, so we shouldn't have to worry about it happening in the future.)

So now all you Opera users should be able to see the popups when you set your browser agent to Opera. ;)

XML Updates... - 08.04.04, 12:03pm CST
    I made a slight change to the user_summary.php XML file. It now includes the all team info.

Also for teams that don't have user info, there is now a team_summary.php file. Here is an example:

XML - http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/xml/team_summary.php?t=11314

More updates to come... ;)

A couple small things added / changed. - 08.06.04, 1:38pm CST
    I re-did the headers a little, using two rows and a smaller font to make things a little less crowded. This is to make room for the up/down arrows for sorting columns.

Also, I added a Last 7 Months Production table in the Team & User Summary. This way people can see some long-term production numbers.

The biggest one being the Monthly update. I was hoping Jason would be doing a monthly stat so we can see our production rise over time better. Looks nice.

It feels great to see your production triple since the new stats and the team production continue to rise month after month.