ASUS GPU RMA Problem

ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Does anyone have any experience with ASUS and their RMA process? (especially any UKers?). I have to send my dead 9800xt back and Il be calling them tomorrow.

However, Id like to know what kind of time Im expecting my beloved 9800xt to be away for.

OMG this FX5200u I have temporarily utterly sucks :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

//EDIT: Thread renamed to reflect direction it's going in.

Comments

• JimboraeJimborae Newbury, Berks, UK New
    edited August 2004
    Which shop did you get it from Dan as I would have thought you'll have to go through them? (I hope it wasn't overclockers.co.uk)
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Was a private sale from someone I can no longer contact :(
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    damn man that blows. asus is really good with thier rma tho. so you shouldnt have much problems they normally jsut replace it without any questions
    edited August 2004
    damn man that blows. asus is really good with thier rma tho. so you shouldnt have much problems they normally jsut replace it without any questions
    Ringing 'em this morning.

Do you think begging them with "please get it back to me asap, I want to play Doom III in a few days" will get it back quicker :vimp:
    edited August 2004
    I rang them and the UK office has no interest in VGA RMAs.

On top of this, they say "take it back to the seller". I can't take it, the seller is long gone.

So I've emailed ASUS in the Netherlands who apparently deal with RMA's in Europe.

Now Im getting a little annoyed by their lack of interest.
    edited August 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    I rang them and the UK office has no interest in VGA RMAs.

On top of this, they say "take it back to the seller". I can't take it, the seller is long gone.

So I've emailed ASUS in the Netherlands who apparently deal with RMA's in Europe.

Now Im getting a little annoyed by their lack of interest.

Welcome to the wonderful wolrd of customer service UK stylee. We'll take your money & then you can f*ck off for all we care. Thank you & have a nice day.
    edited August 2004
    Jimborae wrote:
    Welcome to the wonderful wolrd of customer service UK stylee. We'll take your money & then you can f*ck off for all we care. Thank you & have a nice day.
    Well I rang the Netherlands, no go.

They say "return to your seller".

I say "I don't have a seller".

They say "Sorry, our policy states clearly for Warranty replacement that you must return to seller"

I say "But I don't have a seller"

They say "Sorry, that's our policy".

I've emailed Taiwan and Im going to ask a favour of someone I know who knows someone @ ASUS.

This is NOT good enough.
    edited August 2004
    Sorry to hear that Dan, I thought that might be the case though. The only manufactures I know that do direct rma in the UK are Seagate & DFI. Seagate eventually came through for me with my scsi drive after Pacel Force lost/stole two replacements sent to me.

To get round this you could of course buy another identical card from a reputable shop and then give it a week & send yours back as the broken one. Once you have a replacement ebay it. Not nice having to do this but its the only way I know how to get round our sh!tty customer service practices.
    edited August 2004
    Jimborae wrote:
    Sorry to hear that Dan, I thought that might be the case though. The only manufactures I know that do direct rma in the UK are Seagate & DFI. Seagate eventually came through for me with my scsi drive after Pacel Force lost/stole two replacements sent to me.

To get round this you could of course buy another identical card from a reputable shop and then give it a week & send yours back as the broken one. Once you have a replacement ebay it. Not nice having to do this but its the only way I know how to get round our sh!tty customer service practices.
    I rang a friend with some clout, begged a favour and got some sideways budging in with ASUS.

Just waiting to hear back now.

Theoretically, I should be able to send it back to the distributor and have them send it to ASUS. It's a possibility anyway.
    edited August 2004
    Follow up:

Well basically that achieved nothing.

Having sent them all the numbers on the card, they said it's none of those. It's on the box. I just went home to get the number off the box.. and the box has no labels on it!

I've emailed back but from the looks of things, I have a £300 paperweight :mad:
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    So, if a store's business goes pearshaped, all their Asus customers can kiss their warranty goodbye? Then Asus can't sell much in the UK. Give 'em 'ell Dan. I'll put the kettle on in the meantime.
    edited August 2004
    Basically thats what they are saying. I had to get a mate from another site to kick some ass to get them to even listen :mad:

They aren't overly interested and because they can't identify something on it that seems familiar, they just stopped bothering to respond to my emails.

I even offered to send them a high res image of the card.

ASUS RMA is the UK is awful. I am certainly never going to buy another ASUS product again in my life. Least of all a £300 graphics card that has never been overclocked or messed with.

Im not done yet Mack, not by a long shot.. so make a BIG ass pot there buddy.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Shop and swap, dude.

Find a store with another Asus card, purchase, put your bad one in and give it back. It's horribly unethical, but something of a forced effort.
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited August 2004
    Dan, give me a shout on MSN tomorrow and I will have a word with a couple of my suppliers. They are big ASUS stockists and may help me. I can do "i'm trying to help a customer" routine. It may help.

BTW Netgear RMA is great. They sent out a replacment BEFORE I sent the dud one back. Ronin were good too. I have an ASUS Mobo to go back.... watch this space...
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    Shop and swap, dude.

Find a store with another Asus card, purchase, put your bad one in and give it back. It's horribly unethical, but something of a forced effort.

thats terrible! i like the way you think
    edited August 2004
    PressX wrote:
    Dan, give me a shout on MSN tomorrow and I will have a word with a couple of my suppliers. They are big ASUS stockists and may help me. I can do "i'm trying to help a customer" routine. It may help.

BTW Netgear RMA is great. They sent out a replacment BEFORE I sent the dud one back. Ronin were good too. I have an ASUS Mobo to go back.... watch this space...
    Cheers Marcus :) Il have a natter with ya tomorrow!
  • edited August 2004
    Dang, I can't believe that ASUS there are such a bunch of mehoffs. I had my A7V333 go south on me from a bios flash in windows and I called ASUS up and they said it was a problem with the bios for that board, gave me an RMA no. and I sent it to them and had it back 3 weeks later sound as a pound with the latest bios in it.
    I hope you get some satisfaction man. I'm glad I'm not there I'd have had to beat someone's a** by now.
    edited August 2004
    Final Update:

Well after days of emailing ASUS about it. Having my trouble ticket dissapear from their Taiwanese site AND having to email high resolution photos of the card....

ASUS UK (who finally decided to deal with it) say they don't recognise the serial number on the card, so they they won't touch it!

Im utterly mad at ASUS for having such a terrible response to their customers. Utterly shocked that a company as big as ASUS would be so disinterested in a customer with a problem with a 6 months old card!

So im am left with a £300 paperweight :(:mad:

I ordered a Galaxy Glacier 6800GT, which arrives tomorrow. Comes with three year warranty and bought from a reputable source.

I shall never bother to buy another ASUS product again, nor recommend them to anyone I know.. because if your reseller goes south and your product doesn't quite match what they think it should..

Your warranty is not worth a damn.
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited August 2004
    B4 you give up entirely give me a shout on monday.. I will try a couple of peeps for you...
    edited August 2004
    PressX wrote:
    B4 you give up entirely give me a shout on monday.. I will try a couple of peeps for you...
    Ive been trying to catch you all week mate :(

But Ive been out at AT doing env.testing, so no net to catch up. Im there again on Monday.

Il keep trying to catch ya!