BIOS problems

edited August 2004 in Hardware
Hello everyone.
Im having a problem with my BIOS. What happens is that everytime I start the computer it does this "Bad BIOS checksum. Starting BIOS recovery." So i insert the disc so it can recover. Then it tells me to turn it off and back on to get my system. The problem is when i do turn it back on it repeats the process. "Bad BIOS checksum" and so on. I tried clearing the CMOS, moving the jumper for a minute move it back. Then I removed the battery for a few minutes.
After removing the battery and placing itback, it doesnt even go. My computer turns on but my monitor stays blank, with the light blinking.

Please any help is appreciated. Ive been trying to fix this since last night. But im keeping a cool head like it says :cool:
Thanks

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    what disc are you talking about? whenever i get a checksum error it usually goes away after entering the bios and setting optomized defaults
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    Ahhh.......DeJaVu. Pretty much the same as Sally's problem. Can't get to the bios with screen not working.

Due to lack of sleep, could not think straight so took it to the local shop.

Wish i could help, sorry.

Jon
  • edited August 2004
    its the asus support disc i got with the motherboard
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    The only times that I ever got it on an Abit mobo was when the battery was bad. Though some boards are picky about detecting the monitor on boot.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    Just found out what the problem is with my wife's puter.

Same symptoms as yours. In our case it was a faulty stick of ram. As she runs 4x512mb, just removed the crook one and one other. In the shop it now runs ok.

May not be your problem, however it COULD be. Never know.
    Also might be worth your while to change the battery in the mobo. We did, just was not why Sally's went down.

Hope you can fix yours if you have not done so already.

Jon
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    did you try reseting your bios by using the jumper on your mobo to clear the cmos?