Faulty thread?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited July 2003 in Community
This might sound odd and I don't know if anybody else has had it.
Whenever I come to short media I can browse any forum, any topic except one. The one 'Saddams sons killed in raid' in the news forum. If I have tried to open that one 10 times then 8 times it has crashed my IE. It starts to load the page and gets the first post then stops. I can't close it, If I ctrl alt delete and tell it to end I get the send message to microsoft window but the half page is still there. The only way to get it off is to press the reset button. I have absolutely no problem with anything else on SM.
Give me a clue guys.

bothered.

Comments

• TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Hmmm, I'll have a look bothered.:scratch:

EDIT - No problems viewing it here and I see you already posted in there. Has this been happening all along or did it just start happening?
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Its working fine here. What browser are you using.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    bothered said
    my IE

This seems to be the only problem I can think of.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Is it Thrax's embded file?
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited July 2003
    When I posted in there it was fine. It crashed it once and I didn't think anything of it but it's doing it more and more frequently, Now it's almost everytime. No problems with anything else. It doesn't really matter guys, I'm going away for a week in the morning so won't be here for a bit. It may just be a glitch with my IE. If nobody else is having a problem with it, It must be me.
    Thanks anyway.

bothered.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Well I just checked it out in Internet Explorer and it stopped responding for a few seconds, then just returned to normal.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Possibly... possibly.. Bothered.. do you have serious browswer safety on? As in active X controls and so on???

Im just wondering if the aformentioned embedded sound clip is clashing with your browser :rolleyes2
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Um, how big is the file clip file itself??? Anyone on dialup might be waiting for it to download and then if an older IE is not finding a file player for it, IE might break(older IE did that with corrupted mime links).

Another thing that bothered might do is to empty his IE cache of offline and downloaded websites (especially Temporary Internet Files, possibly using Disk Cleanup) as IE might be trying to reuse the old thread it got part of(especially if the sound clip download was interrrupted) from the first attempt when bothered tried again.