AMD Athlon XP 2400+ Mobile Not being Recognized by NF7-S 2.0

SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Hey guys,

My processor is not being recognized by my motherboard. I've cleared the CMOS multiple times and tried a variety of things in the BIOS, even botting up holding the insert key. Nothing is allowing the NF7-S to recognize the CPU.

I can boot into windows and have had it running at 133*15.0 as well as 133 * 13.5.

How can I get the CPU recognized and what are the correct settings to be use in the CPU Softmenu...?

Adam

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I don't think you can.. You have to set it manually, since that processor is "mobile" the board probably never will have the correct microcode for it. I run my 2600 mobile at 200x11. It says "unrecognized" in the bios and "unknown" in windows.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I don't think you can.. You have to set it manually, since that processor is "mobile" the board probably never will have the correct microcode for it. I run my 2600 mobile at 200x11. It says "unrecognized" in the bios and "unknown" in windows.

yup yup...gotta set the multi and fsb manually in softmenu. its gonna always say unknown cpu, but runs great!
  • SmiGDigSmiGDig Albany, NY
    edited August 2004
    alright, thanks guys. i figured that could be it.