email notification

kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
edited July 2003 in Community
Hey, I have notification turned on, however when I use the quick reply on threads, I don't get an email, I have to manually click subscribe. Is this normal, is everyone else just accepting it and moving on? Do I spend too much time worrying about these things?

Comments

• TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    A quick SEARCH for the word email in the feedback forum gave me this:

http://short-media.com/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=11686&sortby=&sortorder=

;)
  • kanezfankanezfan sunny south florida Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    hhmmmmmm, right, it's 5 pages full of all kinds of threads about all kinds of topics, kindly point out to me which one gives me the answer to the problem.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Sure thing.

The issue is being looked into and we are aware that email notification isn´t working with quickreply. Whether it´s an issue with this version of Vbulletin or the hack, i´m not sure though.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I can hack the code for the quick reply but the original hack writer never really updated the code for VB 2.3.0 (the last version of Vbulletin before the BIG upgrade to VB3 soon). It's buggy and doesn't always work.

Because of this (along with the annoying redirect bug).. it's something that will be here soon, just as soon as VB3 hits gold code and is available for download :)

Shouldn't be too long now, I've already been heavily experimenting with VB3 in readiness for the final release. Trust me, it's worth the wait!
    edited July 2003
    cool shorty. i'm also waiting on inviion board 1.2 final to come out to roll out some stuff on addaboy. don't you hate waiting on developers. it's like, hurry up already guys!
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    kanezfan said
    cool shorty. i'm also waiting on inviion board 1.2 final to come out to roll out some stuff on addaboy. don't you hate waiting on developers. it's like, hurry up already guys!

Damn right!! I was expecting to be on VB3 months ago, but they have really taken their time with it!

Invision board 1.2 has some really nice new features! They are really intending to getting it to be as fully featured as VBulletin.

Release candidate 2 of 1.2 is out and it's really nice (best left to a dev environment though).

I believe the portal script is also being updated by the code hacker guys, and that will also have some improvements & optimizations.

Il say this, we may have to wait but at least they are workin to improve and take what the end user asks for :)

(microsoft could take a hell of a hint here!)
    edited July 2003
    that's why i haven't gone with 1.2 yet, I know it's stable enough, hell they use it as their forums, but without that portal script, addaboy is just forums and sinc i'm not coder.... well you know.