ATI and ABIT

edited August 2004 in Hardware
Just want a poll of people with ATI cards and ABIT boards...any problems and easy or hard to fix if there were any. Getting the NF7-S everyone recommended, but worried about NVIDIA/ATI conflicts. Just want to make sure I am making the best decision for my money. Also do cases really vary? I have a good PS that I would put in it, so don't worry about that aspect. I know to get one with enough fans...I know generally you get what you pay for, but wasn't sure if it really mattered for a case...there are some cool looking ones on ebay for around $50. Thanks again everyone. I really appreciate your help. Maybe someday I can return the favor :)

Comments

• qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited August 2004
    No problems here. Interface standards like AGP are made for a reason :). NF7-s/ATI 9700 and a NF7-s/R9500pro

Cases vary greatly. Construction quality, features, ease of use all vary across various models. If you want lots and lots of fans Geeky1 is the guy to ask.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I have 3 ATI cards with NF7-S boards. No problem.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Run an 8500 and NF7-Sv2 here and dont have any problems. I dont think the NF7-S would have become one of the most popular motherboards if there were probs.
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Only problem: Halo doesn't work for me, but my chipset is VIA (ABIT KD7-RAID w/ GPU Radeon9500). Once I get around to a clean install of Windows this problem might go away.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    ATI and NF7-S here. No issues.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    pseudonym wrote:
    ATI and NF7-S here. No issues.
    ditto
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I have;
    (1x) NF7-S with an ATI 9800 Pro