SM tabs open in IE

NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Community
For the past month I have been using Avant Browser. It worked very well and I liked it, but any MSN Messenger related links would be opend in Internet Explorer. This caused me to move away from Avant and towards Firebird.

Every in-conversation link opens in Firebird, which is one relief. The problem is that the links in my newly aquired Short-Media tab open in Internet Explorer, as does the "Go To My Inbox" link.

Does anybody know of a solution to this?

Many thanks.

Comments

• ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Sadly, this is a problem I have yet to find a workaround for with MSN messenger. It's Microsoft who are to blame :banghead:
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    So this problem is one that I am not experiancing alone?
    edited July 2003
    Nixxer said
    So this problem is one that I am not experiancing alone?

Not just you :( I use an alternative browser and I can't get a single link to work in my CHOSEN browser :rolleyes:

To quote kanezfan :
    Microsoft.. you get teh F!!!!1111
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I only started to experience this today. After months of Shorty going on about Crazy Browser, I finally installed it in work. Its now on all my machines in work and my machines here.

Set it to default browser and every time I click on the links in MSN 6 opens IE6. Bloody Microsoft intergrated products.

Damn them for making thier software operate with their other software. DAMN THEM TO HELL ;):D
    edited July 2003
    You love Crazy Browser...

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... told you :D
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    I know, I know. It took me long enough to install it, but thats it, there is no going back now :thumbsup:

Its great, no more 10 IE windows cluttering up my screen :D

/me is in a very good mood tonight. For the reason all will be explained soon :D