Happy! System Administrator Appreciation Day!

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
Some of you may or may not be aware, but because this is the last Friday of July, today is 'SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR APPRECIATION DAY'. I first heard about this last year, and since then I have felt it was very important to just stop for a minute, and appreciate those people who help you when you need help the most. So take a minute out of your day people, find your companies system administrator, and give him a pat on the back, or at the very least, a warm smile.

:celebrate Happy System Administrator Appreciation day everybody!:celebrate

Here's a song I've had lying around since last year, which I think you all might find amusing:
<a target="_blank" href="http://www.spinnershomepage.co.uk/RAIDpics/01 - The System Administrator Song.mp3">THE SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR SONG<a> (3.03MB)

Comments

• ShortyShorty
    pats himself on back.. cause no-one at my work will bother :shakehead :bawling:
    Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    pats himself on back.. cause no-one at my work will bother :shakehead :bawling:
  • NecropolisNecropolis
    slaps Shorty on his back as well, just hard enough to knock his glasses off ;)

/me walks away giggling
    Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    slaps Shorty on his back as well, just hard enough to knock his glasses off ;)

/me walks away giggling
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Necropolis_uk said
    * Necropolis_uk slaps Shorty on his back as well, just hard enough to knock his glasses off ;)

* Necropolis_uk walks away giggling

Fookin twat :rolleyes:

Ps.. you giggle like a girl :mullet:
  • NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Its no more than you deserve mate. You've earned it.

thankyouplease ;)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Pfft... I didn't get any appreciation from my clients today :(
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Prime-- :D (a warm smile).
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    primesuspect said
    Pfft... I didn't get any appreciation from my clients today :(

Well technically.. Short-Media is one of your clients...

/me pats prime on the back, makes him a cuppa, sells his house for him at a huge profit and buys him a dual opteron server :D
  • MachineGunKellyMachineGunKelly The STICKS, Illinois
    edited July 2003
    :respect::respect: All hail Shortstuff, prime and the Mediaman!!! :respect::respect:

And that's NOT open to debate! ;)

(Shorty, you devil! Beat me to it! ;D )
  • MachineGunKellyMachineGunKelly The STICKS, Illinois
    edited July 2003
    :respect::vimp:

For all the hard work (or is it 'fun'?) here's a cookie for you guys.
  • TBonZTBonZ Ottawa, ON Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    A big hand to primes, Shorty & MM, you deserve it for the fantastic dedication to the place we love to call home.:thumbsup:
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Thanks guys for making this great site and maintaining it.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Awww... I hope you don't think I was preening for that or something :)

Nah, I just had a rough day with one of my clients, they were nitpicking.. Like, no "thank you for keeping our network secure and running excellently over the past year, we appreciate the fact that we can come to work every day and we never have to worry whether our software or network is gonna work, and we take that for granted - instead, why the hell doesn't my microsoft word have these obscure gold tin foil Avery label templates built in? I thought you updated all this crap, isn't this what we pay you for? Oh, and piss off for removing my "HOTBAR" - wtf is spyware anyway? I liked having smileys in outlook! blaah!"

BUt thanks you guys, I appreciate it. :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited July 2003
    Hotbar was loaded with Crap. My GF installed it and Ad-Aware about went loco.