Star Wars Kid files lawsuit

SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
The Canadian teenager Ghyslain Raza A.K.A 'The Stars Wars Kid', has launched legal action against classmates who put a video of him online, claiming that it has left him mentally scarred.

As many of you may be aware, this video has now become a very popular piece of material for video editing enthusiasts, who add special effects, more audio and title sequences, to even more parody the teenagers lust to be part of the Star Wars universe.
...the public exposure of the clip proved a burden for Mr Raza, who has been through psychiatric care to cope with his unwanted publicity.

The full report:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3095385.stm

Comments

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    Is this the same kid who they saved up for an IPOD for and they ended up getting enough money for a bloody IMAC. Saying that, if someone gave me an IMAC I would sue there ass for mental scaring as well ;D;D;D

---edit----
    Just read the news story £100,000 for releasing a bloody video onto the net. Thats rediculous.
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Necropolis_uk said
    Is this the same kid who they saved up for an IPOD for and they ended up getting enough money for a bloody IMAC. Saying that, if someone gave me an IMAC I would sue there ass for mental scaring as well ;D;D;D

Yes, I believe it is the same kid.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    At first I thought it was referring to the clip of that kid who got a light sabre for Christmas.
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited July 2003
    Link anyone?

Yeah.. I haven't seen it.. :(
  • TemplarTemplar You first.
    edited July 2003
    Lmao. Poor kid. I shouldn't feel guilty though. I've had my share of tease :)
  • edited July 2003
    Just get the $hit beaten out of them. Suing for that sort of crap is what I call “taking advantage of the system”.

He made a stupid mistake, making that tape in the first place, and then leaving it where it could be copied. There is a picture of myself floating around the Internet (which I made as a joke 4 years ago). Now people I've never even knew existed know who I am... Basically I just laugh with them.

I'll post the pic here as soon as I get a hold of it.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited July 2003
    As long as the free hardware keeps rolling in, you guys can make fun of me all you want.

Heck, you do anyway...:vimp:

Prof
    (I'm working on my "Wish List")