MBM 5 temps

DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
edited August 2004 in Hardware
I installed MBM 5.3.7.0 on 2 of my machines. 1 machine has an Abit NF7-S, and the MBM temps are fairly close to the BIOS, and to the Winbond(when it was installed). The other machine has an Asus A7N8X Deluxe. The MBM temps are around 10 C. higher than the BIOS readings. and much higher than Probe, when that was installed.
I have reinstalled MBM a couple of times, no change.
Any thoughts as to why this is reading so high? And which temp is correct, the BIOS or MBM?
Thanks;
Dragstk

Comments

• BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I think MBM5 just doesn't like Asus and/or the A78NX. I have one and supposedly the temps report lower than normal. As for which is correct, I have no idea. They both report when the temps rise and lower. I guess you could try another program like Speedfan.
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited August 2004
    Thanks Black Hawk, I'll give Speedfan a try
    Dragstk
  • edited August 2004
    Dragstk, the temp that MBM is giving you on the A7N8X is the actual cpu diode temp and Anus Probe doesn't monitor that. Anus Probe only monitors the socket thermistor, which will read around 10 C lower than the actual processor diode temp. :banghead:

I guess Asus was trying to keep people from freaking on temps by not monitoring the proc diode temp with Asus Probe. :zombie:

By all means, keep using MBM with the Asus board. Just be prepared to read the higher temps the proc diode will show over the socket thermistor. Temps in the 50's aren't bad with MBM on that mobo.
  • DragstkDragstk Syracuse, N.Y.
    edited August 2004
    Did you say something, Muddocktor? I just keep looking at your avitar. :wow2:
    Thanks for the advice. I understand why the difference in temps now.
    Thanks again;
    Dragstk