Anyone seen prof?

LincLinc OwnerDetroit Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
He hasn't been around for almost a week and I didn't hear anything about him taking off for a while :-/

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    (moved to team forum)

It's been 11 days now and I'm getting kinda worried about him :-/
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    I was wondering where all the folding milestones took off to... I hope he's alright
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I wish I still had his phone number :(
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    prof ...where are you prof?
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    Been wondering about this too. As stated, sure hope nothing serious has happened.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2004
    Somebody here must have a number for him?
  • edited August 2004
    Hopefully he just went on vacation or something and nothing bad has happened to prof. I sent an email to him through the boards here and hopefully he will come back and post up. :)

I hope that he isn't mad about all that red rocket crap that people were teasing him about.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2004
    Prof must be in the top five here in the sense of humour department. I'd be supprised if anything like that would upset him, altogether too cool for that.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    The reason I'm worried is that if he were on vacation I'm pretty sure he would've told me beause of posting milestones :( He's said something every other time he was going to be gone for more than a day...

Concur with bothered, btw ;)
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I hope he's OK...
    edited August 2004
    There's no way that he would have gotten upset about the poking fun thing. He has a terrific sense of humor.
    edited August 2004
    There's no way that he would have gotten upset about the poking fun thing. He has a terrific sense of humor.

Always good for a laugh, that's for sure.

One thing that came to mind is, not long ago his dad had an op. Wondering if he went to see him maybe?
  • EyesOnlyEyesOnly Sweden New
    edited August 2004
    muddocktor wrote:
    I hope that he isn't mad about all that red rocket crap that people were teasing him about.

What red rocket? I sure hope he comes back soon. those headlines he makes for milestones are priceless. :D
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Brian do you remember when he said, as a joke, that he'd leave a note and disappear? Hmmm.
  • EnverexEnverex Worcester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    But where is the note?
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    leave a note and dissappear? Just as I'm approaching my great big milestone???

PROF COME BACK PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited August 2004
    csimon wrote:

He's already missed mine :-/

Come back prof!!!!
  • edited August 2004
    Don't worry csimon, I've been watching as others have too and it won't go unnoticed. My 150k got missed but no biggie. Should we deploy the short-media search team? Do we have one of those lying around?

KF
    edited August 2004
    I really thought I could get his phone number from my old cellphone, but when they cut off my service, they killed my simcard, and that's where his number was stored :(
    edited August 2004
    csimon wrote:

Been watching for this BIG moment too. Actually just came from the stats. No need to say more. :)

Come on Prof....give us a hint....you having a holiday?
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Is he still turning in WU's?
    edited August 2004
    Has been till yesterday. None in the last 24 hrs.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2004
    I'm not dead...

I feel fine...

I feel happy...

Well not really - I just got out of the hospital this afternoon. For a while there it looked like the old prof was headed for the happy hunting grounds, though.

I'll spare you the details, since I still feel pretty punk, but the problem was a bleeding ulcer that drained over half my blood before I finally said uncle and went to the doctor. After a few days with transfusions in both arms my hematocrit (sp?) count finally started rising, but wouldn't get back to the safe range until a week later.

The same thing happened to me six and a half years ago, but that time I bounced back in just a few days. I must be getting old... :rolleyes:

My girlfriend was supposed to let you guys know what was going on. She says she signed up and posted about it. Who knows...

Thanks to everyone who missed me. It's nice to be home.

I'm going to go lay down now. :zombie:
  • SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited August 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    I'm not dead...

I feel fine...

I feel happy...

Well not really - I just got out of the hospital this afternoon. For a while there it looked like the old prof was headed for the happy hunting grounds, though.

I'll spare you the details, since I still feel pretty punk, but the problem was a bleeding ulcer that drained over half my blood before I finally said uncle and went to the doctor. After a few days with transfusions in both arms my hematocrit (sp?) count finally started rising, but wouldn't get back to the safe range until a week later.

The same thing happened to me six and a half years ago, but that time I bounced back in just a few days. I must be getting old... :rolleyes:

My girlfriend was supposed to let you guys know what was going on. She says she signed up and posted about it. Who knows...

You go and put your feet up mate. Glad you checked in. :) Feel better.
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    profdlp wrote:
    I'm not dead...

I feel fine...

I feel happy...

OMG!!!!!!! :eek2:

It is truely great to hear you pulled through and are home again! Sounds like you need to take better care of yourself. I bet your G/F will help make sure of that from now on. As for "It's nice to be home.", this place wouldn't be the same without ya!!! ;)
    edited August 2004
    OMG what a huge relief. I have been worrying about this for days. I was getting really stressed out about this..

We're SO glad you're okay, Steve :D:D:D:D
  • edited August 2004
    Damn, prof, it's good to hear from you man! I'm sorry to hear about your health problems but it sounds like you are back on the road to mending. You take it easy now and get better, you hear. :thumbsup:
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited August 2004
    Glad you're back! :thumbsup:
    edited August 2004
    w00t...............Prof's OK.

Thanks for checking in and take it easy.

Good to hear all is well (sort of). At least you are still kicking, hehehe.
  • edited August 2004
    Glad you're OK prof. Take care of yourself and get back to health.

KingFish