Nero 6.0 Released

SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
Nero 6.0 Released

Burning Down The House...

Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition is the most comprehensive, versatile CD- and DVD-mastering and packet-writing suite on the market today. In fact, calling it a disc-authoring app is a disservice, because the suite also offers a very capable backup program, a DVD-authoring app that compares favorably with all but its pro-level competitors, and even a VCD/DVD movie playback program that includes support for MPEG-4 (the compression scheme that gives you near-DVD quality on a CD). Toss in a slick, completely configurable launch applet, numerous helpful utilities, and a responsive bug-fix policy, and you get a hands-down Editors' Choice.

In fact, Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition would have been a landslide winner if it were not for a few minor bugs in our prerelease version and some quibbles with the interface in some apps. Still, if you've been thinking about Easy CD Creator, think Nero instead.

Download: Nero 6.0.0.9
Download: Nero Mix
Download: Nero InCD
Download: Nero VisionExpress
Download: Nero Media Player

Source: CNET News.com & NeoWin.net

Comments

• Al_CapownAl_Capown Indiana
    edited July 2003
    Nice find. Downloading as we speak. What are the updates for it? Any major improvements?
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited July 2003
    Please note:
    A free upgrade is only available for users who have purchased the Nero 5.5 Retailbox version (NOT the OEM version that came bundled with your drive or PC) after the 1st of May 2003.

Users who bought Nero 5.5 through our webshop (download and boxed version) after the
    1st of May 2003 will get automatically a free upgrade to Nero 6. They don't have to register themselve.

Pretty cool I think.

However, I don't remember when I bought it, and I didn't save my invoice.