Black Day Is Coming...

EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
My grandfather has went into the hospital the latter part of last week. He was become very weak to the point where he can not walk any longer without warying him out. He has around nine types of cancer plaguing his body. He has been battling it for 14 years now but I think it is finally catching up to him. His determination to live astounds me to this day, I've never seem anything quite like it. He is like a father to me and the true reason I started folding in the first place. Today I find out if work can let me go for my early vacation to visit him. The real kicker is I have stop the production I have accumilated here @ "Da Mill". This is because I'm the only one that can care for them if something happens. They don't want anything bad to happen to the systems I manage so they would like just mission critical apps running on the systems. I was going to says the folding@home is mission critical but didn't want to push my luck on the matter. Also my home systems will stop folding due to the fact my dial-up isn't on a dedicated line. So for two weeks or so my production will cease. There are a few systems here that I may be able to keep going but that will only leave less than 10Ghz folding most P4 no HT. In any event I just wanted to give you a update to imminent production loss. Hopefully this won't last too long.

Comments

• witenoizwitenoiz 19,356 miles East of Kansas City, MO Member
    edited August 2004
    Keep the faith Enisada - It doesn't help to know that others have been where you are now - My best wishes for your grandfather. Seeing you is more important for your grandfather than you worrying about folding at the moment. This cancer thing hits us where we hurt the most. Jack
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Yes ...go and see about your grandfather and I hope all turns out for the best. He will be in my prayers. F@H will be here when you return.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    As the musicians say, here's wishing big mojo to your grandfather and you.
  • JustinJustin Atlanta
    edited August 2004
    I think we can hold the fort down while you tend to your dear grandfather.
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited August 2004
    Great, thanks for the support guys. My Boss gave me the green light. So I'll be on a plane on Thursday. I'll pop in time to time to see how the team is going.
  • edited August 2004
    Enisada, by all means, go enjoy your visit with your grandfather as it may very well be your last chance to talk and visit with him. It's a sad day that you will be facing soon enough with this insideous disease he is suffering from and the little bit of folding you will miss out on while visiting him isn't nearly as important as making his last days here a pleasure.

Have a good trip and don't worry; we'll hold the fort down just fine. :thumbsup:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Since I can't offer anything that hasn't been said I wish you and your Grand Father well. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    Enisada, you are making the right decision by going to see your grandfather and letting folding take a back-seat.

Everyone here would do the same as it is a case of priorities. Your grandfather is the highest priority.

We wish you and your grandfather nothing but the best.
    You will both be in our prayers.

Jon & Sally
  • edited August 2004
    I hope all turns out well for you and your grandfather. I wish there were more we could all do for you. I'll keep him in my thoughts.

KF
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I'll be praying for you and your Grandfather also, Enisada.
  • EnisadaEnisada Edmonton Member
    edited August 2004
    Thank you all. This is what makes our Team so strong. I wasn't even considering not going I just wanted to give you guys some heads up on why my production may take a hit for a couple weeks, in case I didn't have a chance to get on. Thanks again guys.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Best Wishes for your Grandfather.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2004
    Hope everything goes well, best wishes m8.