1gb vs. 2gb

metomeyametomeya New
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Overclocking aside, is there any benefits to getting 1gb of ram, or even 2gbs of ram?

I read on some tweaking site that you can get a performance increase with windows by having it loading all the file it needs to work with in the windows environment off the harddrive into your ram (its like 200 to 300 mbs, too much if your going to game or do something needing alot of ram).

Besides that is there anything i can do with all that ram? I saw a perforamce decrease in some game by a frame when there is extra ram in either the memory card, or motherboard.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    1gb is about the sweet spot as far as benefit is concerned. You're not going to see a big performance benefit from gaming by going over a gig. However, if you use photoshop or do any video editing, you can't possibly have enough ram.
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    1gb is about the sweet spot as far as benefit is concerned. You're not going to see a big performance benefit from gaming by going over a gig. However, if you use photoshop or do any video editing, you can't possibly have enough ram.

hehe, I have used my full amount of memory AND page file many times from my work... 1GB of RAM, and 4GB of Page ;)