OCZ ddr booster

citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Hardware
...is my new best friend.... :thumbsup:

Comments

• edited August 2004
    Citrix, what vmem are you running with it and how's it working out so far?
  • citrixmetacitrixmeta Montreal, Quebec Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    oops 4got to mention that.

im running at 3.2-3.3v (it jumps when i throw load at it).

the thing is genius, for someone like me who isnt very good with a soldering iron.

it works great, ive been folding since last night at this speed and its rock solid.

edit: i dont have any active cooling on the ram either and its not even warm.
  • a2jfreaka2jfreak Houston, TX Member
    edited August 2004
    What is OCZ DDR Booster?
    edited August 2004
    basicly a plug n play vdimm mod :D
    http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/OCZDDRbooster/
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    hm thats pretty cool, i may need to get one
    edited August 2004
    they are going for around 50$usd a pop, i dont think its that much for the perf boost you get.
    edited August 2004
    i could really use some serious ram stability, plus that product just sounds cool

jesus i just noticed you have pc3200 corsair at 243... that would be all kinds of sweet
  • edited August 2004
    You're right about that, Citrix. You don't have to have mad 1337 soldering skillz to be able to crank up the vmem on your boards with this. I might have to get 1 myself and see what my PC4000 XMS will do with around 3.2-3.5v on it. It's presently maxxing out at around 268 fsb with 2.8v on my IC7-G and my proc can go higher than that.
    edited August 2004
    one thing that bugged me, was that it takes up the ram slot in front. (i hope this makes sense)

meaning, if you have 3 slots, this guy needs to go into the 1st slot, UNless the memory slots have enuff space in between.
    edited August 2004
    my only problem is that i'd be putting it on an IS7, which isn't listed at all on their webpage. I'll assume that since it works on the IC7 that it'll work on my board, otherwise i'll just turn around and sell it to one of you guys :/
    edited August 2004
    ya my board isnt listed either, but i did some research and noticed a similar mobo was approved.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Would plugging it in to slot #2, assuming it would fit, disable dual-channel on an Abit NF7 (or other nforce 2 boards)?
    edited August 2004
    if you look at their board spec page you'll see that on several nforce2 boards dual channel has to be made disabled (like the DFI mobo), but the NF7 doesn't seem to have this problem
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Bah, I just noticed that I says it needs to be put in slot #3, which effectively disables dual-channel.

Not worth it for me unless I had some awesome RAM.
    edited August 2004
    Gargoyle wrote:
    Bah, I just noticed that I says it needs to be put in slot #3, which effectively disables dual-channel.

Not worth it for me unless I had some awesome RAM.

for me it'd be cutting my ram in half, i think i might pick one up anyway though and ditch the geil... see how far my Corsair can REALLY go