dragonV8 inactive. Still folding.

dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
Just thought i'd let you all know, dragonV8 has been inactive in name only.
We gave the "Old AMD 850" to Sally's sister to replace her even Older PII 266, as she cannot afford to buy one.

This was folding under my name. It has been replaced by a new computer made up of an Abit IS10 mobo, P4 3.2e proc, etc in another Super Lanboy case. Finally there are 9 in the rack. Looks much tidier too.

It seemed more sensible to combine our folding under 1 name, Jonshandbrake.

So yes, only a name change, not a shut down. :)

Jon

Comments

• edited August 2004
    I had a feeling that this would happen sooner or later. Are you making a jihad run at dancer, enisada, or me now?

KF
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Another 3.2 :eek:

Duck all those in front of ya :thumbsup:
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    There are less than 10 people on the team that are out folding JHB, so you know where they will end up. If Sally can keep them all running this summer. (and Jon can keep funding the operation)
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    KingFish wrote:
    I had a feeling that this would happen sooner or later. Are you making a jihad run at dancer, enisada, or me now?

KF

Hehehe, the name is Billy...............not Silly, lol.

Now if you had stayed on the "Streets" and not become one of them "Office Jocks", Sally MIGHT have stood a chance. ;D

Either way, it's all in good fun. :rant:;D;D

On a serious note though, the new P4 3.2e Redhot proc is doing exactly that. Sandra shows a 88deg temp on the board and 65deg for the proc. Looks like we have some issues to deal with. No idea why the board temp is so high. All the cases are the same. Super Lan Boy's with 2x 120mm fans.

Also, running in HT, according to EMIII, one side is running @ 3.00gig, the other @ 2.8. Not bad for a 3.2 proc. :rolleyes: Ram is 2x 256 pc3200.

Might have to strip it down and fit the "Silent Stream" baby water cooler into it. Till now had not made up my mind as to which puter i would fit it.
  • edited August 2004
    My IS7 had a "board" temp it read into some monitoring proggy's of 265-267 degrees F so I wouldn't panic about that 88c just yet, I think it's just some thermal diode that's got a bad amount of bias to it somehow and reads wrong.
    Try downloading Speedfan and reading all the temps it lists and see what you come up with.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Yeah no way the board temp is higher than the CPU.