Thermalright SLK-900a

WeedoWeedo New
edited August 2004 in Hardware
I just got one of these from SVC for $19.99. Truly, this is the best heatsink I've ever had and I've had a lot of different kinds. I got full load temps of 45C on my new Thornton 2000+. I never saw load temps in the forty's with much slower processors in the past, and that's with an 80mm Papst 14db fan. I used screaming Delta's and other loud ones before.

Comments

• qparadoxqparadox Vancouver, BC
    edited August 2004
    That's still a little on the high side but I'm guessing its pretty hot out in Texas right now :). The 900a's are great heatsinks and a steal at that price. Prime was sweet enough to order one for me and ship it to canada. <3 prime :).
  • edited August 2004
    Yeah, they are great heatsinks, Weedo. If you replace that no-blowing Papst with an 80mm Panaflo M1A you will see even better temps without much noise increase. I find even the 80mm Panaflo H1A fans to not be objectionable for noise and they push around 40 cfm air. Alternately, you can get a Thermaltake SmartFan 2, which comes with both a thermistor for controlling speed and a manual fan speed control and you can adjust the fan speed/airflow to your noise tolerance. The SLK900A will definitely pick up efficiency the higher the cfm and static air pressure you throw at it.

EDIT: I assume that temp is with folding running, right? :cool:
  • Mt_GoatMt_Goat Head Cheezy Knob Pflugerville (north of Austin) Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Something not to forget and one of the biggest attributes to a high quality H/S is it's reserve. I found this out when my SLK-900 was totally plugged with dust bunnies and the temp only increased by 3 degrees C. The tip off was that increasing the speed of my smartfan 2 had no effect on cooling. :o
  • WeedoWeedo New
    edited August 2004
    muddocktor wrote:

EDIT: I assume that temp is with folding running, right? :cool:

But of course....

So many fans... so few systems.