F@H is gone - plea for help

stacy3stacy3 NY
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
I downloaded Folding at Home, it was running, I could check things out from the toolar at the bottom of screen, and now with all these problems on my computer (see trojans, viruses section) it is gone! No little red gear in the corner, nothing in my programs section...

Should I wait to do this until I get the computer cleaned up?

Thanks, Stacy

Comments

• mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Is there a shortcut in your startup folder?
  • stacy3stacy3 NY
    edited August 2004
    Hi - yes there is but I try to open and it says there is one running...but I can't find the one running.
    edited August 2004
    In task manager is there a winFAH.exe and fahcore_XX where XX is 2 numbers running?

If so you are fine. I am guessing your explorere crashed and not all your system tray icons come back all the time.
  • stacy3stacy3 NY
    edited August 2004
    Yes, thanks - they are there.

Will it come back with a restart? I never showed up in the team stats either - or does that take awhile?
    edited August 2004
    Yes it will be back with a restart.

You have to complete your first Work Unit and it will automatically be sent back to the Stanford Servers. Then it might take up to 3 hours for it to show up on the stats.
  • edited August 2004
    I've had that problem with my laptop before. Logging off (not rebooting) and logging back into windows brought the icon back. I didn't have a spyware problem but it was just plain weird.

KF
  • stacy3stacy3 NY
    edited August 2004
    Thanks - with all this "stuff" on my computer I am freaking out a bit...

stacy