Did I kill my lvl 0 array?

edited August 2004 in Hardware
I am running two 80gb maxtor PATA drives in a lvl 0 array on a Promise FastTrak S150 TX2plus card. I was handling some of the power cables with the computer running, and I got a BSOD (I'm running XP pro). I didn't get a chance to read what hardware caused the crash before it rebooted itself.

On the Promise bios screen, the array is flashing and the status is offline. There is also a line that says "Problem is detected with Array : 1". I enter the fastbuild utility and select "view drive assignments". Both drives show up. One is assigned to array 1, but the other says "free".

This sucks. Is there hope for data recovery? Any ideas on what happened? Thanks for your help

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2004
    Try messing with the cables and stuff. Make sure the power and data cables are sound.

If you can not get the drive to show up so the array is recognized your screwed
  • edited August 2004
    Tex wrote:
    Try messing with the cables and stuff. Make sure the power and data cables are sound.

If you can not get the drive to show up so the array is recognized your screwed

I couldn't get the drive to show up, but I deleted the array and then defined a new one, and like magic, everything was working like there was never a problem :)