Production is gone !!!

MissilemanMissileman Orlando, Florida Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
Sorry guys, but and uninvited guest named Charley blew into town and has destroyed all my machines. It will take me a few weeks to get things back up. I just got power back an hour ago. Been down since Friday. The office where the machines were housed was obliterated. The two in my house survived, but my roof did not. Had 3 trees uprooted in the back yard and one in the front snapped in half.

I will say this. The hurricane footage you see on the news is REAL :) We had 85 MPH sustained winds and gusts to 125 MPH. You can't hear anything, but the wind roaring and feel the foundation of the house shaking. Didn't hear any of the trees come down and one is laying on my back bedroom roof. Wind lasted about 90 minutes from the front edge of the eye to calm. Not an experience I can recommend, but it does get the heart pumping good.

Will be in and out for a while. Got a lot of REAL things to do now (Like get a roof first).

Just thought I'd let you all know. I will get em back up ASAP.

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    Wow, sorry to hear that Missileman. First things first. Computers and buildings can be replaced. Human lives cannot. Glad you are OK.

Hurricanes and Cyclones (southern hemisphere) are very unpredictable. Been through a few in the north of the state, but never experienced anything like what you have been through. Hope all goes well under the circumstances.

Jon
  • edited August 2004
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Glad to hear you're alive and nobody (to our knowledge) is hurt or worse. Get your life back together. We'll be pulling for you.

KF
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Missileman wrote:
    Sorry guys, but and uninvited guest named Charley blew into town and has destroyed all my machines. It will take me a few weeks to get things back up. I just got power back an hour ago. Been down since Friday. The office where the machines were housed was obliterated. The two in my house survived, but my roof did not. Had 3 trees uprooted in the back yard and one in the front snapped in half.

I will say this. The hurricane footage you see on the news is REAL :) We had 85 MPH sustained winds and gusts to 125 MPH. You can't hear anything, but the wind roaring and feel the foundation of the house shaking. Didn't hear any of the trees come down and one is laying on my back bedroom roof. Wind lasted about 90 minutes from the front edge of the eye to calm. Not an experience I can recommend, but it does get the heart pumping good.

Will be in and out for a while. Got a lot of REAL things to do now (Like get a roof first).

Just thought I'd let you all know. I will get em back up ASAP.
    Who do you have your home policy with?
    State Farm camped out at a local gym for a month or so after Lili to take claims ...I hope they do the same for you guys.
  • ClutchClutch North Carolina New
    edited August 2004
    I sure hope everything goes well. That is really sad to hear. Computers can always be replaced, I'm glad you got out okay.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    ye gawds. Congrats on being alive.
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    damn, Im staying on the North East. I'd rather be cold with a house then warm and without.... Nice avatar keto, they all yours?
  • edited August 2004
    I'm sorry to hear of your loss to the hurricane Missileman, but at least you made it through the storm without getting hurt. As a resident of southern Louisiana, I also know of the fun of living with the threat of hurricanes and in 1992 I had 1 of those uninvited guests named Andrew come visit me too. When he came, he decided to trash my home for around $7500 damage but still livable after I was able to put visqueen on the roof to stop the leaks until permanent repairs could be made. After riding that 1 out, my wife and I decided that any bad storm wouldn't see us hanging around for a visit but would haul ass if possible. After all, property can be replaced but not the health or life of a loved one.

I'm glad that you made it through the storm ok, Missileman. :) Now, we just need to hear from John_D and make sure he made it through the storm without getting hurt.