Restarting WU?

botheredbothered Manchester UK
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
I've been too busy and haven't kept up with my folding for a few days. I just checked it and found I submitted no points for a few days. I checked the log file and found WU 266 has been running since the 14th. It's only a 152 point gromac! Going back through the log I see it has restarted about four times as below. Opinions guys.
266.jpg 36.9K

Comments

• edited August 2004
    Shut down the client and delete the wu, bothered. I've had that a few times; sounds like a defective wu or your machine was shut down without shutting down the client. By shutting the client down, deleting the wu and then restarting you will both clear a possible bad wu and will also clear the log of an inproper shutdown of the client and will let your machine start using SSE extentions again. After shutting the client down, just delete the queue.dat file and work folder to get rid of the bad wu.
  • botheredbothered Manchester UK
    edited August 2004
    Thanks muddocktor, all gone and started a new WU. The PC hasn't been off for days so I don't know about impropper shutdown. I've been chasing eyesonly for weeks, now he's miles ahead! Ho hum, at least we're producing again. Cheers.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    what client are you using?