Windows XP SP2 and HT Folding

MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
The setup is a P4 3.0 HT with console and graphical running at the same time. Both are started from the Startup group, and are both version 5.

After installing SP2 the console version doesn't run at startup. I can run it manually, so that isn't the problem. Tray it is also traying the console.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I think it could have something to do with the new security XP has when dealing with exe's. I told it to always allow the FAH console exe to run but still nothing.

Does anyone know if there is a way to have XP ignore this new "Security" "Feature".

Comments

• TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    i dont use tray-it, but i had no problem with console FAH running after the SP2 install. in fact, the service that V5 automatically sets up runs exceptionally well
  • MedlockMedlock Miramar, Florida Member
    edited August 2004
    I had no problem updating my HT system to V5.0. Couldn't have gone any smoother actually... I'm running two consoles as services. They didn't give me any problems when they were run manually.
  • MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
    edited August 2004
    I guess I should fool with it a little more. Maybe set up a registry run key and see what happens.
  • MancabusMancabus Charlottesville, VA
    edited August 2004
    It seems like the problem is with Tray It. Maybe it just doesn't like SP2, but FAH console would close right after Tray It trayed it. Oh well