Some sites won't open

NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
edited July 2003 in Science & Tech
I finally get Style XP back because the standard themes are annoying me. I go to ThemeXP to get a fresh new theme and Firebird times out. I try it in Internet Explorer and it never finds the page. Anyway, I thought that the site might be down. I arrive home from work this afternoon and no website, not even Google will load, and Firebird gives the same timeout message. To try and correct this, I ran my virus checker and AdAware, both updated to the latest. No virus was found, and the few pieces of spyware/adware I deleted. This got sites working again, but still no Theme XP.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• SpinnerSpinner Birmingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    To start with the basics:

Firewall? Browser Security level (if it has one)? Some content management application? try removing any pop up or add blockers you have running.

It could just be the 'themexp' site though.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited July 2003
    The themexp site is in the middle of a serious redesign (I got this straight from the site when it eventually loaded :rolleyes: )

Id say it's the site nixxer. All the images are dead and the downloads are also no go.
  • NixxerNixxer Nottingham, UK
    edited July 2003
    Fair enough, thanks guys. Glad its the site since such an error would seem so hard to track.