Spammed by S-M thread notifications?

edited August 2004 in Community
Is anyone else having a flood of email notifications on threads they've posted in or has vb3 singled me out? :confused2 I've even changed my selection to "no email notification" in "Edit Options" a few days ago and I'm still getting notifications on every post made in threads I've posted in. I used to get an email notification when someone replied after I'd logged out/gone offline and no other for that thread until I came back to S-M until a week or 2 ago, but lately I get an email notification on every post after I've left the site.

I don't know about anyone else but I find this extremely annoying; getting spammed by my own forums. :rolleyes: I hadn't checked my email account that's registered with this site for a day or so and had over 30 emails in it a few minutes ago and only 2 were from other sites.

Shorty, do you know what's happening with this?

Comments

• dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    None at this end. I get only ones from 1 thread when someone posts, nothing else.

Hope there is a simple explanation as i can imagine the frustration of it all.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I've always had emails for every post.

That doesn't get reset until you login again.

I can manually turn your's off if you need Mud :)
    edited August 2004
    A quick check reveals that you have turned off email notification but that's only valid from when you set it.

According to the database, you are subscribed to a total of 1593 threads, with just 30 without email notification (that is from the moment you signed up).

I can remove the others notification via a SQl query if ya need it :)
  • edited August 2004
    What baffles me about it Dan is that it just used to send a notification the first time someone posted in a thread after I left the site and no others thereafter until I came back to S-M but it seems that lately I get notification on every post made in a thread I've posted in after I've left the site. Also, I know that is how vbul is set up on several other websites I post at occasionally too. Did anything change recently for me to get multiple notifications after logging out before my next visit?

I didn't know that the email notification stuff kept going for threads subscribed to from before I changed it; thanks for setting me straight on that. I'll just see if I can manually unsubscribe to the annoying ones before I have you wipe the database for notifications, but I appreciate the offer. :)
    edited August 2004
    There is no reason why it should but as with all things.. it's infinitely possible.

A possible cause would be the recent change in PHP version. Possibly a bug? Not 100% sure. I've always had every post in my email.. so goodness knows.

Il look into it :)
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    When I subscribe to a thread I only get the first post in that thread.

If you read the email it even says there may be more posts. So its only supposed to send out one while you are logged off.