More SM22 problems

ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Folding@Home
I have to hit the road this morning and so am turning one of my other units over to SM22 until this is resolved.

I've been working on it for a few days actually. Bought a wireless USB Linksys network card. Futzed around, took a while to get set up cause all the rest of the network is DLink and the options for security on the Linksys are much poorer, to my surprise - no 256bit and much shorter keys. So, downgraded the whole network to 64bit and got SM22 running internet. :banghead:

Have F@H configured to use IE connection settings, and IE connects, but for some reason F@H is not sending in results. It is still grinding away wu's, any hints as to what may be happening?

Be back late Friday sometime.

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Do you have any firewall settings that could be interfering with the program sending the results? Both the console and the core have to be allowed access to the network.
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited August 2004
    Sp2?
  • edited August 2004
    keto, I've had problems in the past using IE settings with my sat broadband. I don't use IE settings on my farm. Try that and see if it cures your problems.
  • ketoketo Occupied. Or is it preoccupied? Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    marc, win2K sp3 or 4, I forget, whatever kwitko put in it

Goose, only firewall is router and as noted, 5 other computers are throwing wu's thru it no problems.

mudd, I'll try that.

I will also note that this computer takes about 10 minutes to reboot and has been like that since day 1. I have very little experience with win2K, is this normal?
  • edited August 2004
    I ran 2K for a short time and no, that's not normal, I had a 1800+ and 256MB of ram and it was booted and into windows in less than 3 minutes and that's with waiting for the raid bios to initialize.
    Sounds like a hardware issue to me.