Anybody running OCZ PC4400 EL Gold?

edited August 2004 in Hardware
I just found a twin pack of this early this morning in the refurb section of the egg and ordered it, mostly due to the glowing reviews that Anandtech has given it on i875 boards for it's high overclocking prowness. I'm presently ram limited on my XMS PC 4000 at around 265 fsb running 1:1 with my m0 2.4 C and I lose too much performance running asynchronous. From what Anandtech says, this ram is supposed to be able to run 289 fsb at 1:1, but I was wondering if anyone else here is running this OCZ PC 4400 EL Gold and what their experience with it is.

I also ordered me a copy of Doom 3 too, for my pleasure. :thumbsup:

Comments

• edited August 2004
    Well, I got in yesterday and last night I dropped in the OCZ and immediately bumped my fsb speed up to the rating of this memory and booted up and no problems running 1:1 at 275 fsb. :thumbsup: I'll be bumping the fsb speed up over the next several days to see which craps out first, the memory or the proc. According to Anandtech, this memory was good to 289 fsb with 2.8v, which should give me almost 3500 MHz with my 2.4C at 1:1 memory ratio. :D
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Wow. Sounds liek you have a winner.
    Hey Mudd, what are you going to do with the XMS?
  • edited August 2004
    The XMS 4000 is going in the IS7 rig, which I had been running a stick of my XMS 3200 in that I had robbed out of my NF7-S rig in single channel mode running a 5:4 memory ratio. The IS7 is now running in DC mode with a 1:1 memory ratio and I'm about to drop the XMS 3200 stick back into the NF7-S so I can get it back into DC mode too.