after several months i think I have my pc done !

GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 LifeAkron, PA Icrontian
edited August 2004 in Hardware
I think I am done for a couple weeks until I feel the need to cut another 120mm hole someplace or tear it out and redo the cables or something. But after a month af pure hecktic swapping parts out and switching this and that I fially put the side panel on it and will leave it be for a month

Comments

• GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    2 mo

One of these is of my new ultra x conncet PSU this is a must have!
  • TheBaronTheBaron Austin, TX
    edited August 2004
    that is NICE
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Those are some purty cables ya got thar, and that thar water block is damned nice too!
    edited August 2004
    that water block is the gold plated version that comes with the Zalman reserator. It does well too. And those cables are from the Ultra X connect Power Supply I can add or detach as many as i need! its great no xtra cables!
  • RWBRWB Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    that water block is the gold plated version that comes with the Zalman reserator. It does well too. And those cables are from the Ultra X connect Power Supply I can add or detach as many as i need! its great no xtra cables!

I'll have to remember that for my next system, mine is all messy inside with crap cables, looks fugly as hell :(
    edited August 2004
    they arent too expensive its a 500 watt psu for like 129 at www.performance-pcs.com

I drive up to palm bay and pick up my shiz
  • edited August 2004
    Looks bad a$$ man, I love the case and that PSU has the coolest plugs I've seen for a computer to date....totally pimpin'!
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    great job gnome - I bet it's quiet too!

...is that a pic of a dolphin on the wall?
    edited August 2004
    yep its silent compared to what i used to be and thats the dolphin I caught back in june
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    they arent too expensive its a 500 watt psu for like 129 at www.performance-pcs.com

I drive up to palm bay and pick up my shiz

That is a beautiful job you have done, Gnome. :thumbsup:Envy :)
    Love the way you only use the cables needed.

I actually told Sally about one of those, whilst looking at the exact same site. Wish they were within driving distance in Western Australia. :bawling:

Came across them searching through Google for Ram Coolers. Sally's favourite colour is purple.
    It seems the only place in the world that has Purple ram coolers is them. :rolleyes:

They do mail orders so.....who knows, lol.
    edited August 2004
    hank is a hella nice guy I go up to palm bay everyonce in a while and visit. its around 45 min I was up there monday last week actually and picked up 2 of those psus a thermaltake tsunami case and a black aerogate II
  • dragonV8dragonV8 not here much New
    edited August 2004
    hank is a hella nice guy I go up to palm bay everyonce in a while and visit. its around 45 min I was up there monday last week actually and picked up 2 of those psus a thermaltake tsunami case and a black aerogate II

Way to go Gnome...............................Rub it in, hehehe.

At least Sally has a black Aerogate II also. Look great and easy to read. Now need a black cover for her LG GSA-4120B burner. Does not look a good as yours with everything black. :rolleyes:
  • PressXPressX Working! New
    edited August 2004
    and thats the dolphin I caught back in june

explain pls?
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    did you get the case premodded from frozencpu? cuz they charge an arm and a leg just for cutting a 120 hole in the top. anyways looks great. hook us up with some dark pics with that cathode on
    edited August 2004
    there are 4 Uv cathodes the other ones are stealthed and I cut the hole myself. by premodded? NEVAR!

I just finished painting hte silver Aerogate II my father wanted it in his thermalke tsunami case. Not bad looking either pics will come after i get back from cooking breakfast down at the shelter( i do charity but i dont have to be there till 9 i am second shift )
  • rykoryko new york
    edited August 2004
    Hey how's that ulra x-connect working out for you. Are the rails stable when oc'ing? I want to get one, but i haven't seen any reviews. FYI, i found them on zipzoomfly.com for $99!
    edited August 2004
    yep its stable. I rather buy my stuff from hank anyways if i have aproblem 45min trip to RMA it not weeks
  • edited August 2004
    That's a great looking setup, Gnome! :thumbsup:

Now all you need to do is buy my pelt and psu and mount it on your new 6800 and see what she will really do.;) :D Should keep that 6800 in the sub-freezing range. :)
    edited August 2004
    that 6800 has out benched most gt models and acouple ultras ive tested in my pc ( friends have em) That leadtek ocs like a motha
  • edited August 2004
    that 6800 has out benched most gt models and acouple ultras ive tested in my pc ( friends have em) That leadtek ocs like a motha

Just think what it would do when running at around -5 C then.:D

I see that Dangerden is making a pretty neat looking waterblock for the 6800 series that covers both the gpu and memory. Some pretty damn expensive though at $129, plus they don't have a version with a coldplate on it yet either.
    edited August 2004
    dang! i got WC with the reserator. I had it on my R 9800pro and it oced very well. I dont have the WC on the 6800 tho its air cooled. The mem oces like 250 mhz more and the gpu ocs like 225 more than normal. I scored over 64k in aquamark and 23 to 25 k in 3dmark 2k1 and dont remember 2k3 tho
  • SimGuySimGuy Ottawa, Canada
    edited August 2004
    What's the highest you've had your 6800's core & mem at Gnome?
    edited August 2004
    PressX wrote:
    explain pls?

I live in south florida on the east coast. MY friend has a 20ft proline boat with a 150 mercury on the back.We were around 6 miles off shore and i hooked into that beauty. took around 20 min and alot of playing cat and mouse ( aka letting it run and about take all your line then real it back in you do that over and over until its exhausted )
    edited August 2004
    SimGuy wrote:
    What's the highest you've had your 6800's core & mem at Gnome?

shoot man i dont remember! i dont have it oced at the present time. I know it was 225/250 over the factory settings. /me goes to leadtek and checks the settings.

aight if my adding is corect it was core 550/ mem 950 yep thats the max i could get it. Of course it was with side panel off and a huge fan blowing on it.

Max ive had it with side panel on was Core 495 / mem 900

my friend ben ( aka overload ) has a 6800 ultra i told him not to buy it I told him not to like 5 times. I said " get a 6800 for 300 bux and save 300 and spend that on a lcd or something. But nope he bought it. his system specs are almost identical ( he has corsair bh5 mem i have kingston hyperx ) and i still was only like 100 3dmarks behind him for 300 less