emergency,

nomannoman pakistan
edited August 2004 in Hardware
hi ppl.

u might know i am not in usa.. one of my relative is coming back to my country on 28 august. ;D he lives in toronto canada :Canflag: . here is the deal
i would like someone to buy a 2400 or 2600 mobile barton. test it on a nf7-s board and give it to my relative. my relative will pay u. or another case is, my relative gets it himself,but someone in toronto willing to check it on nf7-s mainboard bcoz once its here, i will not be able to return it if its not working.
to assure u, u send me email or pm, i will tell u reference and u can confirm with my relative, i i will give u all kind of address,phone number and info u need to get this done.
i know its a huge favour to ask for, but guys,thats why we have this great thing.called internet.
so anyone . plz help me.
ppl also u can tell me,which online stor is sellling these things in toronto.

Comments

• CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    HAHAHHAAHAHHAHAHAA

:usflag:

:wow:

:Pwned:
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited August 2004
    noman wrote:
    i know its a huge favour to ask for, but guys,thats why we have this great thing.called internet.

Well it must be genuine...after all I read it on teh internet :rolleyes:
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited August 2004
    I dunno, might even be for real, if the purchaser received cash for it before buying the chip, inc. shipping, it may work. I've had USA guys send me loads of stuff, I always send dollar bills by post.

There again, they know me... ;)

Now, about this e-mail I received this morning from Mr Peter Mutumbi on The Ivory Coast who wants to give me £3 million....
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited August 2004
    I dunno, might even be for real, if the purchaser received cash for it before buying the chip...
    I agree. If I was buying something to take halfway around the world I'd want to be sure it worked first.
    Now, about this e-mail I received this morning from Mr Peter Mutumbi on The Ivory Coast who wants to give me £3 million....
    £3 million! You'd be a fool to pass up an opportunity like that. :vimp:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Actually, I suggested this idea to noman. He's in pakistan and cannot easily get a mobile barton. I suggested having someone ship one to him. It's probably easier if a local meets up with a relative who is going to be travelling to pakistan to see Noman.

Noman, the only thing is, I doubt you're going to be able to find anyone that will buy one in advance and then take it to your relative on faith. You might want to buy one and have it shipped to a person who volunteers and then have them deliver it.
  • nomannoman pakistan
    edited August 2004
    hey,

ok, i was little dumb suggesting that someone buy for me.
    wht abt the second
    if my relative buys it, could someone test it,if it works?
  • DexterDexter Vancouver, BC Canada
    edited August 2004
    You realize that unless your relative has been in Canada for at least a few days, he is going to have to pay duty on the processor when he brings it across the border.

Dexter...
  • nomannoman pakistan
    edited August 2004
    hi,

ppl, i still have that question.especially someone in canada.in toronto area.
    could someone check the proc for me,like if its working fine?no nothing abt payment or anything, just checking the proc.
    dexter, my relative is there on immigration.
  • CreepCreep Hell Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Hahahhahahahahhaahah
  • danball1976danball1976 Wichita Falls, TX
    edited August 2004
    Hmmm... noman just doesn't seem to get what you guys are talking about.
  • KometeKomete Member
    edited August 2004
    noman wrote:
    hi,

ppl, i still have that question.especially someone in canada.in toronto area.
    could someone check the proc for me,like if its working fine?no nothing abt payment or anything, just checking the proc.
    dexter, my relative is there on immigration.

Have your family member order it and take it up to a shop that works on pc's or builds them in house. A few years ago when I was noobtastic I took a an old athlon chip and had compusa in the US test it out for me. They charged me 10 bucks to do it.
  • nomannoman pakistan
    edited August 2004
    u mean, if it works once, that it will probably work ok later too?
  • floppybootstompfloppybootstomp Greenwich New
    edited August 2004
    noman wrote:
    u mean, if it works once, that it will probably work ok later too?

Yes. A CPU will usually either be DOA or work OK. If it works OK, it's likely that only human error/overclocking/foolishness/fan failure/spilling your beer on it will mess it up.

And FWIW, I've never had a CPU arrive faulty. Had a fair few motherboards, but never a chip. Although I must admit I've read of this thing happening to other folks. But it's rare.