New Epox Nvidia Chipset Motherboards

Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
edited August 2004 in Hardware
OC Workbench has posted reviews of Epox's new Nvidia chipset based motherboards in Socket 939, 754 & Socket A Flavors.

EPoX 9NDA3+ (NF3-Ultra) Socket 939
EPoX 8KDA3+ (NF3-250Gb) Socket 754
EPoX 8RDA6+Pro (NF2 Ultra 400Gb) Socket A
EPoX 9NDA3+ Socket 939

EPoX 9NDA3+ is probably the latest NF3 Ultra offering from EPoX. In fact, so far we haven't seen much NF3-Ultra boards in the market so far. EPoX 9NDA3+, like its Socket 754 brother, has a feast of features for the users.

This board comes with 4 USB + 4 USB (thru external bracket). It single chipset supports PATA IDE connecting up to 4 IDE devices to ATA-133. The NF3 Ultra chipset also supports two SATA ports. Two other RAID ports are supported by the onboard Marvell 88SR3020 SATA PHY. All SATA ports comes with RAID 0,1,0+1 support.

The board also comes with on board Gigabit Ethernet with Cicada CIS8201 Gigabit Ethernet PHY. Two 1394 ports with up to 400Mbps bandwidth from onboard VIA VT6307 1394 controller. There is 8 ch audio via the ALC855 chipset.

The PowerBIOS provides excellent over clocking features and they include support of asynchronous FSB/DIMM timing mode and 1MHz fine tuning on AGP clock. It also support CPU clock (up to 400MHz FSB) and voltage, AGP voltage, DIMM frequency and voltage settings.

EPoX 8KDA3+ Socket 754

8KDA3+ is the top rated board among the 8KDA series of boards. Built with 6 SATA ports and integrated GbE on board, the package also comes with the necessary toolkit. The package consists of the mainboard, manual, CDROM, rounded IDE cables, USB bracket, SATA cable.

EPoX is very thoughtful and has bundled a screwdriver and small heatsinks that can fit on the mosfets for overclockers.

The board is targetted at the overclocking community as it has PCI/AGP lock, voltage adjustments for vcore, vdimm, vagp and vchipset. On top of that, it comes with nVidia Personal Firewall and 8 channel audio with nVidia system mixer functionality. One of the most difference among the various chipsets for Athlon 64 is the Direct to Hypertransport Gigabit Ethernet Solution with Streamthru™ technology supported by this chipset. Basically it uses Hypertransport to communicate with the CPU and hosted physical layer directly.

Another neat feature that you would be drooling on is the nvRAID, a driver based soft-raid solution for SATA & PATA RAID device control enables users to control IDE RAID functionality. The mainboard supports an additional 4 more SATA ports using the SiliconImage Sil3114 enabling SATA RAID 0/1/10/5

EPoX 8RDA6+ Pro Socket A

Based on the nVIDIA NForce2 Ultra 400 / Gigabit MCP Chipset, it is crammed with features, the most notable the Gigabit Ethernet and Firewall. This is the same Ethernet/Firewall package found on the Socket 754/939 Motherboards, providing amazing bandwidth due to its dedicated link instead of going through a PCI Device. The new South Bridge also incorporates a Firewall function built into the Chipset. Alongside these features you receive 6 SATA Ports, Raid, Firewire, 8 USB Ports, the list just goes on.

The package comes standard with the rounded cables, manuals, CDROM, USB bracket, SATA Cables. The power pack comes with mini heatsinks, a power guide, screwdriver. You no longer need to find your screw driver to install the board. If you want to overclock further, install the heatsinks on the MOSFETS.
[img]http://www.short-media.com/images/newsimages/2004/August/EPoX 8RDA6+ Pro NF2-Ultra400gb small.jpg[/img]

Source: OC Workbench

Comments

• Omega65Omega65 Philadelphia, Pa
    edited August 2004
    EPoX Rocks! :thumbsup:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Cool. Three new boards that will fail in ~6 months.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    ;D;D;D
    edited August 2004
    Thrax wrote:

Only In your your hands Thrax. You must be cursed! ;D
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Omega65 wrote:
    Only In your your hands Thrax. You must be cursed! ;D
    Here we go.........

Now Gentlemen.. I want a nice clean fight ...
    edited August 2004
    Shorty wrote:
    Here we go.........

Now Gentlemen.. I want a nice clean fight ...

Always! :)

And don't forget Thrax hates Crucial Memory also!
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    I didn't know I had the powers of projected telekinesis.. A lot of EPoX boards seem to die when I'm not even there!
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    Thrax wrote:
    I didn't know I had the powers of projected telekinesis.. A lot of EPoX boards seem to die when I'm not even there!

A lot of Abit boards do, as well.
    edited August 2004
    GHoosdum wrote:
    A lot of Abit boards do, as well.

More Abits die actually probably, but since I also like Abit boards I dont overplay/trumpet the Abit failures like Thrax does.
    Abit USA Socket A Forums Nvidia - VIA

I'm not anti-Abit just Pro Epox :)
  • edited August 2004
    I might consider Eopx if they would quit using those no-name blowup capacitors. My 8KHA+ board was a stellar performer right up until the caps blew and Epox screwed me around on changing the caps. They changed them but didn't check to see if the board still worked, which it didn't. I ended up wasting around $25-30 paying for the cap replacement and shipping to them for a non-working board being received back from them. :mean:

Plus, I could post a link over to amdmb in the Epox forum and let you read how many RDA boards are still dying from the same ****ty cheap caps, but I don't think it's necessary.
    edited August 2004
    muddocktor wrote:
    I might consider Eopx if they would quit using those no-name blowup capacitors. My 8KHA+ board was a stellar performer right up until the caps blew and Epox screwed me around on changing the caps. They changed them but didn't check to see if the board still worked, which it didn't. I ended up wasting around $25-30 paying for the cap replacement and shipping to them for a non-working board being received back from them. :mean:

Plus, I could post a link over to amdmb in the Epox forum and let you read how many RDA boards are still dying from the same ****ty cheap caps, but I don't think it's necessary.

Aren't you referring to 3 & 4 year mobo designs... I might as well bring up the VH6-II & VH6-T (Tualatin) mobos that mysteriously died on me. The cheap caps on 2+ year old mobos were an industry wide problem. MSI K7D dual mobos (among Many others) were rife with them.

You could link to every mobo manufacturer forums and find a plethora of problems. Mobo problems aren't limited to Abit and Epox. I wouldn't use a Gigabyte mobo if you paid me to take it.