I guess my computer doesn't like being turned off...

entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
edited August 2004 in Hardware
Ok, it seems like every so often when I shut down, my computer disagrees with the decision. It'll be shutting down fine, but the point after XP is down, and just before it powers down, the BIOS speaker just starts a-wailin'. It goes like that until power is out (~1/2-1 second). I can't figure it out. There's no code in the manual under, "Furious squawking." :-/ It can't be the video card, as it's been replaced and it happened before I got my current one. The weirdest part is, it seems to be random. Sometimes it'll go under real peaceful, and other times it won't go without a fight. What's going on here?

Comments

• gtghmgtghm New
    edited August 2004
    Is this rig over-clocked?

If so try backing it down and see if it gives you the squawking...

Just an "off the top-o-my-head"'er,
    "g"
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited August 2004
    Check out my SigX sig. But it happened before I even started overclocking it (I didn't get the guts to do it until several months after building it)
  • entropyentropy Yah-Der-Hey (Wisconsin)
    edited August 2004
    *bump*
    Does anyone have a clue what's going on here?
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited August 2004
    My guess is that XP and you rbios have a dissagreement about the power down sequence. As it shuts down power is cut to something and you bios is letting you know. Why only sometimes? Maybe it has to do with how quick the shut down goes.