Boot Delay and Boot Disk Failure - GA-8S655FX-L

edited August 2004 in Hardware
Hi, i'm new to this forum but i've been having a lot of trouble with a new motherboard and processor.

What happens is when the PC boots it gets to the memory test, hangs for about 2 - 3 minutes then starts detecting drives, it then hangs here again for about 1minute before going through to the next stage, but all drives are recognised.
It gets to Verifying DMI Pool data and then hangs again for about 5minutes before moving on. Then all of a sudden (before windows boot screen) i get a DISK BOOT FAILURE, Please insert system disk and press enter. I'd like to mention all of the drives are empty and i have 1 standard windows xp pro operating system installed. I've been into the BIOS and tried serveral different boot sequences and i get the same problem. However if i have the windows xp install cd in then it boots fine, but with about 10mins of delays at the start.

I've tried removing components and disabling unused system components like SATA. But with no luck.
I even called my distributer and Gigabyte and they both say its a motherboard problem. So they sent another one with exactly the same problems??? Slow boot, disk error messages...

Please can someone help!!!

SYSTEM SPECS

Processor: Intel Prescott P4 800mhz 2.8ghz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8S655FX-L (Latest BIOS installed)
Memory: 2x Identicle PC2700 512mb
Harddrives: 1western digital 40gb, 1western digital 80gb, both 7200rpm
Graphics: ATI Radeon 7500 128mb
Sound: Onboard