RAID as regular ATA

edited August 2004 in Hardware
Greetings all. I am having trouble setting up my onboard RAID as a regular ATA on an exsiting XP install. I did this successfully once before, but had to reformat and forgot what I did. I have a Gigabyte 8IRXP with Promise onboard Raid. I turned the RAID on in the bios and XP found the new hardware. I installed the WinXPMBFastTrak 133 Lite driver and rebooted the box. I checked the installation of the driver and it was okay. I then attached the hard disk to the onboard RAID and rebooted. The hard disk was detected in the bios but it does not show up in XP. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
tds
South Korea

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited August 2004
    When you say its not detected are you taling about in "my computer" or in the disk manager?

right click on my computer, click manage, then disk management and see if its showing there.
  • edited August 2004
    Tex wrote:
    When you say its not detected are you taling about in "my computer" or in the disk manager?

right click on my computer, click manage, then disk management and see if its showing there.

Thanks for the reply, Tex. It is not detected anywhere in XP; however, I can see that it is detected in the bios when I boot up.

I have tried disk management and it only shows the 2 hard drives running on IDE 1 and 2.

tds