RAM Speed in BIOS?

edited September 2004 in Hardware
Hello again, I have a question about my new NF7-S BIOS...there are settings for RAM, which are something like, Optimal, Agressive, Extreme, and Turbo or something like that...My question is what exactly do these do, it doesn't seem to change the ram timing on the BIOS screen, or is this a change I can't see? What do I risk if I change the setting to Turbo? Just instability or do I risk ruining my new RAM? (GEIL PC3200 DDR). I am not ready to OC YET, but I of course want to get as much speed from my comp as I can...Still reading up on OCing...also I can't find the video descriped in the OC file by seversphere...oh and one more thing...how much OC is possible with stock cooling if I do decide to do it??

Comments

• edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Well, since hte manual doesn't even list the options it is hard to tell.
    If you change the selection and save it the settings don't change?
    Mine do, but I can't tell you what they are. I always set it manually.
  • edited September 2004
    it is listed in a newer manual that you can download from abits website...
  • SputnikSputnik Worcester, MA
    edited September 2004
    they change the latencies of the memory (i's doign that sort of stuff this morning)

I have a stick of the same stuff you have, and i have it set manually to 2.5,4,4,11 and it works at 400MHz. changing the CAS latency (the first number) to 2 or even 3 the computer freaks out, giving me a memory error.