CompleteCare Accidental DamageProtection, Inspiron, 1 Year

I can't wait should be cool...

"g"

Comments

• GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Sweet!
  • edited September 2004
    Hey "g", the Dothan 2.0 is a sweet folding proc. Mine kicks ass and takes names on Gromacs and to a lesser extent on Tinker. AMD still reigns supreme on Tinkers though.
  • edcentricedcentric near Milwaukee, Wisconsin Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    You know that we will need to see some benchmarks on this machine soon.
    We expect big things.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2004
    Yeppers, I'll be sure to post some benches when it comes.
    Its still in production. I don't expect it to arrive untill the week of the 13th...

I do plan on installing the folding no-nonsence clinet and adding another CPU to the fold...

Now I just need a good wireless router...

Oh by the way, just a little story that everyone should know...

Incase you had not heard Dell now has to charge Tax on its machines in all states.
    So I ordered the machine before the new law went into effect... But I didn't know that when you get the Pentium M chip that you need to get an Intel Pro wireless networking card in order to utialize the Centrino featuers built into the Pnti M CPU so I ordered the machine with the Dell internal card initially. But after some reading I found out about the Centrino requirements and called the next day to make the small change from the dell card to the intel card, well that was the day the law went into effect. They started to add on Tax to my order from the previous day because when you make a change like I did, they basically cancel one order and place a new one... but in my case they took the Tax from the reconfigured machine and deducted that from the total then made that price the machines base price then taxed that, so I ended up paying actually a little less than what was quoted to me for my first order.
    Bottom line is that they took care of me...

Be ware though all new customers, you will have to figure tax for your state when figuring the final price of a system from dell now.... bummer...

"g"

"g"
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2004
    Oh boy, its out for delivery... :)

I'll post benches as soon as I can...
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2004
    Well I'm typing this from my new notebook.
    I like it the only issue I have at all is all of the poopy software that they install on it.
    I'm wondering if I might not be better off just re-formatting and reinstalling XP Pro.

Also, I noticed that they divided up my hard drive into 3 partitions, one small fat 47mb listed as EISA Configuration, one c drive at 24.39gb, and one fat32 partition at 3.49gb. anyone know why the did that?

Thanks,
    "g"
  • edited September 2004
    I bet that 1 of the partitions is to restore it to factory new condition, as far as software installs. I've had 2 Dell laptops and on both of them I ended up losing that particular backup so I just did my normal reinstalls like I do on any machine. Dell does load them up with a bunch of crap software though, that's for sure.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2004
    Man this thing is a folding machine... I tihnk its better than my Xeons
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2004
    PCMark2004 scored 3681
    That was done with folding going, outlook, a web page, messenger running.
    Stock ATI 9600 settings.

3DMark03 is next.
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2004
    Ok here is te first run 3Dmark03
  • gtghmgtghm New
    edited September 2004
    So best I could get was 2871 tewaked but not OC'ed.

Still not too bad for a lappy.

"g"