Need urgent help - Memory identifier

edited September 2004 in Hardware
Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me with a little problem because unfortunately I can't get it solved. I bought a Mushkin 512MB PC2700 about 2 years ago. I want to know if the memory I have installed in my computer is Level2 or not because I want to buy another 512MB and if I have Level2 I can't buy Level1. The memories must be identical. Here's the information I can give you about my memory:

1. SiSoftware Sandra tells me this:
Logical/Chipset 1 Memory Banks
Bank 2 512MB DDR-SDRAM 2.5-3-3-7CL 2CMD

2. It looks exactly like the memory shown at the Mushkin site at adress http://www.mushkin.com/epages/Mushkin.storefront/413f6402008ac3462740c0a8010205dd/Product/View/990927
with one exception: on my memory the Level II inscription does not exist.

3. The serial number I found on the memory itself:

I want to thank you in advance and I'll be waiting for your answer.
If you can't figure it out from the information I gave you maybe there is a program that can tell me what I want to know.
I need to know quick because I must make the order tomorrow.

Comments

• MediaManMediaMan Powered by loose parts.
    edited September 2004
    Level II memory can go by another name.

"Hi Peformance"

It appears that you may just have the non-hi-performance memory. I can't be certain as that code does not appear on the mushkin site but it is 333 MHz memory.

you've also said that HI PERFORMANCE isn't on any of the stickers so I am lead to believe that it's not Level II.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    One Note, Mushkin can also tell you for sure from the serial number (Mushkin's Serial Number, they themselves can track back to type from serial number). No, you do NOT have to speak Russian to their tech support, English and German are fairly common second languages for Engineers in IT and Electronics fields in Russia. That includes Mushkin support staff, at least some of them. Ask them to ID the detail specs for you by serial number, ok??? They might also be able to tell you by knowing the module code numbers on the chips, though a 3X magnifier might be handy to read those right.
  • edited September 2004
    Ok. But why doesn't it say on its label that it's Level I? And why aren't there any Black Memories Level I on the Mushkin site? Did they ever had Level I Black Memories?