BT878 & Logitech Quickcam, 64 Bit Drivers

I am trying to find the BT878 Video Capture Drivers for Windows XP 64. Does anyone know where I can find them?

As well I am looking for the Logitech Quickcam Pro 3000 drivers that will work as well.

Thanks

Comments

• TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited October 2004
    No such thing. Remember MS says they won't ever release this OS in a retail version. So no one is going to produce all those weird drivers for a tiny niche market like webcams and video capture. MS says its only going to be OEM'd and they expect the OEM's to produce any additional drivers (as well as handle the first line of support btw...) so unless Dell or HP or someone starts selling these and they happen to have a PC package that needs them your out of luck for right now.

We can hope that the sales volume increases on amd64 systems and MS will reconsider in the future but thats about your only hope right now.

Tex
  • edited April 2005
    I know this post is old.. but Tex is very incorrect...

Logitech "currently" has some x64 Bit driver released.. and has other in developemnt.. unfortunately for you, the ones you are seeking are still in the developement stage..

Their current x64 Bit drivers are for:
    Gaming Hardware and Joysticks

In Development is:
    Keyboard, Mouse, Cams, Etc..

I've been in contact with Logitech over the past 4 months.. "all" their x64 Bit drivers wether still in beta and/or whql status.. should be out by June 2005.

Btw .. even "if" Windows XP Pro x64 Bit won't be in retail.. that has nothing to do with it not being popular.. and the "not being sold in retail" is just rumors.. that is not "for certain" .. it's all here say. As you know.. XP x64 Bit is now in RTM stage (release to manufacturers).. and it will diffinetly be available "preinstalled" on computers like "HP", "Compaq", "eMachines", etc.. plus it will also be sold as "OEM" at places like "newegg.com" .. only different between "OEM" and "Retail" is it's packaging and a shorter warranty.

I'm currently running Windows XP Pro x64 Bit v1433, which is the last public release.. and there is a "huge" amount of x64 Bit drivers.. every "popular" hardware manufacturer has x64 Bit drivers.. and now besides AMD having a x64 Bit capable processor, Intel's is now hitting the market as well.. if anyone thinks this OS won't be popular, the better think again.

I have device drivers for all my hardware in x64 Bit and every piece of software I've installed so far, except one, works on XP x64 Bit.. the only thing that would'nt run on it for me is "Diskeeper" disk defrag .. and they've g0t the beta coming out in a few weeks.

there is alrdy 2 x64 based games as well.. all ya need to do is a little searching, and youll find what ya need.. and once XP x64 Bit goes OEM in the stores .. the x64 Bit driver support will increase 10x.

If I remember correctly.. I remember everyone saying the same thing about "Windows XP MCE" .. and that was "The only way to get MCE is preinstalled on a computer that supports MCE" .. well, just go to newegg.com and look .. you can buy MCE for $85.00. Keep checking newegg.com for the OEM version of XP x64 Bit .. it should be available in June.
  • edited May 2005
    Some French guy ported K-TV to work in 64-bit mode. The WDM mode doesn't work, but the BT878 portion does. I've got a copy working in Server 2003 x64 on a KWorld card.

--- Support thread for x64 version
    http://usuarios.lycos.es/forumdev/viewtopic.php?t=3005

--- x64 version requires .NET 2.0
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=de4539cf-5d5c-4981-b27b-8ae747a7ea98&DisplayLang=en

--- x64 K TV Download
    http://fatbsd.free.fr/K!tv/K!TV 64bits - 20050511-4.zip

--- K TV website: they don't have this build (yet), but they do have information on how to use the program, and the 32-bit download.
    http://www.kastortv.org/
  • edited March 2006
    hey guys, its been a few months since anyone posted in this thread!!! Does anyone know if ther eare drivers for the logitech webcams out for 64 bit systems yet? i have and athlon 64 3700+ running on a ABIT AV8, and have been trying to find drivers for two nights now, there doesn;t seem to be any mention of them at the logitech website, and i haven;t recived any email back from them!!!!!
  • edited May 2006
    There are still currently no drivers available for the Logitech webcams. I emailed their tech support address to ask them to tell their engineers to hurry up with it, and today I got a reply from the techie saying he would pass the message on. Transcript follows:

<blockquote>
    --- jtoomim@jtoomim.org wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >> Date: 04/11/06 20:18:36
    >>
    >> Name: Jonathan Toomim
    >> Email: jtoomim@jtoomim.org
    >> Phone: ext:
    >> Category: 316
    >> Product: QuickCam Fusion
    >> Software:
    >> Part Number:
    >> Computer Brand: Other
    >> Operating System: Other
    >>
    >> Description of Problem: I'm running Windows XP x64 as my primary
    >> operating system, and I'm quite irked that there still aren't any
    >> 64bit drivers for it. Could you please pass the message to your
    >> engineering department to get on the ball?

--- logitech.signet.com.sg wrote on 5/5/06 at 1:26AM PST:
    Hi
    Yes we will tell our engineering to be faster on the new driver.

</blockquote>