Dreamweaver MX Weekend Crash Course Help

TrinityTrinity UK
edited January 2006 in Internet & Media
Although I can hand code HTML, I've always wanted to try out Dreamweavers capabilites. Instead of asking Shorty for help every 5 minutes I borrowed this book from a guy at work.
Problem is the CD Rom that comes with it is badly damaged :bawling: and theres files on it I need to do the course.

Is there anyone out there that could share the CD image or the files from it please?
I have a web server they can be uploaded to if you dont have one I can download from
I really want to give this a go on my own cos I'm an independant little ...umm...person :p

Book is called
Dreamweaver MX Weekend Crash Course
Author : Wendy Peck
Publisher : Wily Publishing Inc

Any help will be much appreciated :)
Nat (Trinity)

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    Well.. You could go to a computer store and find a SkipDR CD repair kit. Very very good at what it does.

But then again, that's not free.
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited September 2004
    Thanks I'll try that :)
    Unfortunately theres no computer stores open now and I was hoping to finish this course tonight :rolleyes:
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    edited September 2004
    FWIW. If it's not that urgent, you can get a used copy on Amazon uk for £10-15.
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited September 2004
    Thanks for the advice :)
    I've managed to find someone who has the disc and they're willing to share the files I need.
    w00t! :cool:
  • rykoryko new york
    edited September 2004
    I know you alrewady started working with this book, but i would suggest also using the built-in tutorials that come with dreamweaver mx. They are very useful for beginners. It's worth a shot!
  • TexTex Dallas/Ft. Worth
    edited September 2004
    Trity I'm sorta in the same boat. No damaged cd but not wanting to yank shorty's chain every five minutes for dreamweaver questions. Let me know how you do. I'm just struggling through it awkwardly

Tex
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited September 2004
    I've emailed you with some help :)
    edited September 2004
    didnt get here yet?
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited September 2004
    I've definetly sent it...but I just realised comcast have blocked my email address...thats another story :rolleyes:
    I'll send it from another account I have to see if you get it this time :)
    edited September 2004
    downlaoding as we speak sweetie. Go give shorty a hug for me. I know I owe him but I'm sure he would rather collect the hug from you anyway. (grin)

I also bought like three books in the mean time.

Tex
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited September 2004
    Will do ;)
    Glad I could help :)
  • edited October 2004
    Trinity wrote:
    Thanks for the advice :)
    I've managed to find someone who has the disc and they're willing to share the files I need.
    w00t! :cool:

Dear Trinity,

I just got this book, but it was a used one, with no CD. How could I get the CD files? I don't wanna spend more money on a new copy, but I really want to put my Dreamweaver into use!!!

Many thanks!!! :cool:
  • TrinityTrinity UK
    edited January 2006
    I gave up on this in the end.
    I learnt what I needed to get by and tried googling or bugging Shorty when I had a question
    I never did get the cd's or the images.:scratch: The person that was going to share backed out.

I'm thinking of taking a course at a local college this summer, to learn Dreamweaver & possibly PHP.
    I have more time on my hands now so I should be able to concentrate better :D